Chapter Thirty-Four - Shopping!

Alice:

A/N - A lot of you were requesting an Alice POV, so here it is! I hope you enjoy the chapter! xoxo

When Mar doesn't show up for Charms, I do really worry. I hope nothing bad has happened to her!

I voice my worry once we get out of there, and the others share in it. It's unlike Mary to just skive off without telling anybody!

Concerned, but thinking that she'll not be in any real trouble, we all do a quick scout of the school, and the hospital wing, before heading to the Head's common room, needing to get some of our slowly increasing piles of homework done. Charms essays, Defence Against the Dark Arts spell practice, Transfiguration revision; we've got it all.

I finish my Charms essay in about an hour, and by then Mary still hasn't shown up. "Do you think that we should go and look for Mar again?" I ask worriedly, and the others all look up. "UI think we should! This isn't like her!" Marly says, getting to her feet. The others follow suit, and together the lot of us make our way towards the door.

Just as Frank reaches to open it, it flies open and all our questions are answered. "For the love of Merlin Mary Macdonald! What the hell did you do?" Marly cries, taking in Mar's windswept hair but otherwise fine appearance.

"The bloody Flobberworm bit me!" Mary moans, and we all freeze. "You. Have. GOT. To. Be. Kidding. Me!" Lily shouts dramatically, grabbing her Ancient Runes textbook and chuckiug it at Mary.

"Then where the hell have you been?" Remus asks Mar, who is trying to dodge the pile of books that Lily is now sending her way, trying to hold back his laughter. "Oh, I needed to calm down and, you know, relax! Recover from that terrifying incident!" she replies, and with that a chorus of eye rolls go around before we begin our work again.

Saturday morning starts with a bang. Marly runs straight into my bedpost as she topples through the room, having woken up in pure darkness. "What the hell!" I groan sleepily, reluctantly opening my eyes and looking around, though unable to see nothing.

"Ouch!" Marly moans, hopping around like a bloody lunatic. I switch on my bedside light and Mar and I laugh at the sight of her.

"What time is it?" I ask, sitting upright and swinging my legs out of bed. "Half 8!" Mar says, flopping back down on her bed.

That's one good thing about me; once I'm up, I'm up!

"Oooohhhh it's our Hogsmeade trip today!" I say excitedly, grabbing my towels and heading into the bathroom, knowing fine rightly that Mar won't be up for at least an hour and Marly is going to moan about her sore toe for the duration of that time.

I shower quickly enough, washing my hair thoroughly, before hopping out and drying myself. I wrap a towel around my hair and slip on my dressing gown. I brush my teeth before gathering my things and leaving the bathroom.

Thankfully, by the time I get out of the bathroom Marly is fully recovered and ready o go in herself, and Mar is close to waking up. 

You can tell because when she is sound asleep she doesn't move at all, and if she didn't snore like a pig you would think she was dead! When she's close to waking she begins to move a bit more, fidgeting around. 

Merlin, the amount you know about someone after living with them for seven years!

I take my hair down from the towel and brush through it, and then decide to just let it air dry. I' lucky in the way that my hair is short enough that when it air dries it goes straight instead of frizzy!

I get changed into a simple sweater and black high-waisted jeans, and then I put on some simple makeup and wait for the others to hurry up.

By the time we leave it is nearing 10 am, and so we head down to the Great Hall for breakfast.