Chapter Seven - Friendships are Formed

Lily:

I wake up with a jolt, fear quickly flashing in my eyes. There are a series of crashes coming from the room next to mine, loud crashes. I quickly hop out of bed and knock on James and I's connecting door. "James, James! Are you ok in there?" I say, slightly frantic. "Yea, yea! I'm good! I just... I just can't really see a thing! My glasses have disappeared!" he says, trying to sound calm but failing miserably. "Ok, I'm coming in!" I shout, and open the door quickly. What a mess! His duvet is lying on the floor, completely spread out, as are all of his many pillows. There are books lying open everywhere and James is standing in the middle of it all, looking extremely confused. He's only wearing his pyjama trousers - Quidditch ones of course, with little quaffles all over them. Honestly, it's kind - of cute! I catch myself staring at James Potter, yet again. Damn, why does that keep happening? Instead of standing looking at him all day, I rush over to him. I grab his shoulder and guide him over to his large king - sized bed. I sort - of push him down, perhaps a little bit too forcefully, because he almost topples over. Hey, I thought he'd be too strong for me to push over! I really do underestimate my own strength....

Anyways, even with my strong, powerful push he is still standing, just very unsteadily. He reaches for my shoulder to try and steady himself, but instead gets my breast. Awkward. I blush a nice, dark shade of magenta, and I think he realises what he did because he joins me. He quickly moves his hand away and this time does get my shoulder. I slowly guide him down, and when I am certain that he is sitting steadily, I move to try and find his glasses. I always knew that he had bad eyesight - but he's basically blind without his glasses! I really need to find them or else he's screwed! After hunting for about five minutes, I find them buried underneath his duvet and pillows. The lenses are broken, but I mend them with a simple 'Oculus Reparo' spell. I hand them back to James and he puts them on. Relief quickly floods through his face. "Ah, thanks so much Lil. And...um...I'm sorry about..well..you know." he says, smiling sheepishly.

"No worries. Here, we'd better start getting ready for school. What time is it?" I ask him, waking myself up a little more. He takes a look at his watch. "5:30 a.m. I had better be going out on my morning run." he says, laughing at my shocked expression that appears on my face following this revelation. "You...what?!" I say, completely stunned, "Why the hell would you decide to do a run at half five in the morning? Geez Potter...what's wrong with you?". I say the last part with a smile on my face, despite trying to act serious, which only grows wider when he snorts. "Oh please, Lil. I do this every morning." he says, still grinning. "Is someone chasing you? Are you competing in a running race? No? Because those are the only good reasons I can think of for waking up at 5:30 a.m to go on a run! Don't get me wrong, I love a good run! But at a good time in the day, not in the middle of the night. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go and get some beauty sleep. Goodbye you extremely odd person!" I say, and walk into my room and shut the door. I can still hear his booming laugh echo through the walls however. It honestly is infectious. I have a little giggle to myself before hopping back into my warm, cosy bed to go back to sleep for at least another hour. You know, like a normal person.

When I do actually get my lazy ass out of bed, it's seven a.m. Even that's an unreasonable time to wake up at. If I had things my way, school wouldn't start until at least lunchtime. Ugh, I really hate early mornings. I HATE them! After wallowing in my self - pity at having to wake up early, I grab my dressing gown and my towels and head downstairs. As I walk into the common room, I see James sitting on the sofa. "Morning, Lils" he says, quite cheerful. "Did you enjoy your night time run?" I say, smirking. "Of course! It really was quite lovely! You know, I was thinking that you could join me tomorrow! How about 5? Brilliant, I'll see you there!" he says. I roll my eyes. "If you wake me up at five a.m tomorrow you will no know what's hit you!" I say threateningly. He better fucking not. He laughs, and heads off into his room. I've noticed that he does that whenever I shower. It's nice, the fact that he tries to give me some privacy. James is actually a really considerate roommate! I know that it's only two days in, but so far I have no complaints. He's quite tidy and respectful of my space. Also, I think that he's finally over the joke of asking me out! Yay!