Chapter Twenty-Nine - After the Afterparty

A/N - The song name in the chapter title 'After the Afterparty' is a great song for this chapter! Give it a listen if you haven't heard it before! I hope you enjoy! xoxo

James:

After a brief shower in the Head's common room, I rush up to the boys dormitory in Gryffindor Tower. I burst in, and loudly say, "What's up!". "Oh! Nothing! Well, except for the fact that Pads and Marly are officially in loooovvvveee and Wormtail's got a girl!" Moony says, and I stare at Wormy.

"You have a girl and you DIDN'T TELL US!" I roar, jumping on him. This leads to an inevitable fight, which leads to a pillow fight, and soon enough the room is a mess and we are all sitting on the floor, panting. "Well that was mature." Moony mutters, and I snort.

"Anyways! Back to the girl! Worms, who is she?" Pads asks, wiggling his eyebrows. "Amelia Darcy, that sixth year Ravenclaw?" Moony asks, referring to a girl that Wormy had a crush on a while back. Wormtail shakes his head, and then I guess, "Sarah Colgan, the Hufflepuff with nice manners?". "No." he says, and I notice his rather downcast manner. "Hey, hey! What's up mate?" I ask, and he sighs. "Well, she isn't a Gryffindor, or a Ravenclaw, or a Hufflepuff." he says, and we all nod, realising. "So she's a Slytherin?" Pads asks, and Wormy nods. 

"Is she hot?" Pads asks again, and we all laugh at his manner. "Well...I guess she is...VERY hot!" Wormy says, back to his egular happy manner. "Who is she?" Moony asks, and Wormtail shakes his head. "Not telling.".

"Why not?" we all explode, and he responds with, "I don't want you lot bugging her! It's new, anyways. Once it gets serious I tell you!". "I am Sirius...tell me now!" Padfoot says, and this brings on multiple rounds of Sirius puns, and we laugh our way through the day, only stopping to briefly eat our lunch.

"Ok, ok!" I say, once it hits about half three, "Who's up for a party? Right, Moons and I will head to Hogsmeade while you two sort out decorations and snacks, capeesh?". the boys nod, and Moons and I grab the Invisibility Cloak and Marauders Map before heading out of the Head's common room. Before putting the Cloak on, however, we bump into the girls.

"Oh! Ummm...hello!" we say, and I instinctively stuff the map and Cloak behind my back, forgetting that they know. "Oh! So this is the oh so famous map then?" Lily asks, smirking. "Oh!" I say to myself, and pull it out. "Can we see how it works?" Mary asks, and I glance at Moony. We have enough time, I suppose, so he says, "Sure! It'll have to be quick though. We have a...ummm...place to be. Come in here!". The girls nod, though suspicious, and follow us as we head back into the Head's common room.

As I walk in, I bump straight into Pads. "Oi! Oh! Hey Prongsie! Whatcha doing back so soon?" he asks, raising an eyebrow. "We bumped into the girls and decided to show them how the map works." I reply, and he nods. "Don't forget to mention my part in it!" he says, and winks before he and Wormtail leave the room, laughing their stupid heads off.

"What does he mean by 'his part'?" Lily asks, and Moony and I begin to explain. "So, when we were young, innocent, carefree first years, we got lost wherever we went, and just could not figure out a way to get around the entire castle. You see, this got us into a lot of trouble, and we tend to like to avoid that." I say, and the girls snort. I continue after giving them a look, "So that is when we came up with the brilliant idea of making a map of the school. We didn't find the correct spell to be able to do it until second year, and that is when my dear friend Messr. Moony discoved the spell, 'Sequere'. Take it from here, Moony!".

"Yes, Messr. Prongs. I did indeed discover the 'Sequere' spell, and the word 'Sequere' means 'follow' in Latin. Basically what this spell does is it tracks my wand wherever I go once the spell has been activated until I deactivate it. Under Messr. Prongs' Invisibility Cloak, at night we walked the school with my wand activated, and had the map being drawn on a piece of parchment." Moony says in his most formal voice, making us all laugh a bit.