Chapter Twenty-Six - Secrets

A/N - Hey everyone! Part of this chapter is based on a one-shot - I don't know who created it but credit to them! I love you all! Also, please tell me what you like reading so I can write more of it! xoxo

James:

This is the scene that the girls walk in to.

Padfoot and I instantly freeze, and then burst into peals of hysterical laughter at the comical looks on their faces. We collapse to the floor like a pair of idiots while Moony and Wormtail watch from the sofa, snorting at our childish behaviour. I see Lily roll her eyes, though she is trying to resist a smile, and Marly and Mar are openly laughing while Ali is snickering quietly. Frank looks like a deer in the headlights. Oh, fuck! Padfoot's rubbing off on me!

After that episode, we all head down to dinner. I treat it as a sort of last meal, because I am genuinely petrified that Lily will actually kill me. Why are we telling her this again?

At dinner, we have a small competition on who has the most cringe worthy joke. I start, "Did you hear the one about the skeleton who couldn't go to the party? He had NO BODY to go with!". We all roar with laughter at this, and Mar says, "James, that's a good one. Tough to beat. But I think I got it! I used to work in a shoe recycling shop. It was SOLE destroying!". We all start laughing again, and a couple of the surrounding students look at us like we're crazy (which we are, but that's beside the point!).

"Why did the golfer change his trousers? Because he got a hole in one!" Lily says, and we just keep on laughing. "Want to hear a joke about a piece of paper? Never mind...it's tearable!" Padfoot says. "Does anyone need an ark? Because I Noah guy!" is Ali's entry, and Pete responds with, "Why did Cinderella get kicked off the football team? Because she kept running from the ball!". "What's at the bottom of the ocean and shivers? A nervous wreck!" says Remus, and Frank battles it with, "Why don't they play poker in the jungle? Too many cheetahs!". "When is your door not actually a door? When it's ajar!" says Marly, and that concludes the competition. 

"I think we all won that one!" Marly says, and everyone except Padfoot nods in agreement. "Well, I think that my entry was pretty good!" he says, and Marly smacks him on the head.

After dinner, we all head back up to the Head's common room, and it's now time for me and the boys to face the music...

I clear my throat, and speak, "Ok, we have something that we want to tell you.". The girls and Frank look a little curious at our ominous faces, and I currently am crossing my fingers behind my back to hope that Lily decides to have mercy on me. "I...ummm..." I begin to say, unable to find the right words, when Padfoot interrupts, "James, Pete and I are all illegal animagi. We created a map that shows everywhere at Hogwarts and everyone in it at any given moment. We use it to sneak down to Hogsmeade to prepare for parties. And Prongsie here has an Invisibility Cloak.".

"Padfoot!" Moony, Wormtail and I all hiss, and I see the girls are in shock. I see Moons take a deep breath,a nd then he says, "And I am a werewolf.". The girls and Frank have their jaws dropped, and Lily is the first to recover after a few moments of speechlessness. "I was four years old when I received the bite. MY father had angered a vicious werewolf by the name of Fenrir Greyback, and he sought to have revenge on my father. I was just playing in the trees at night time, when my mother was knitting, when he crept up behind me. And...yeah!" Moony continues, and the girls look really sad by his story.

"Oh Remus! That's awful! You don't deserve that!" they all say, comforting him. "So, you don't think that I'm a monster?" he asks nervously, and Lily rolls her eyes. "Of course not!" they say, and Moony just smiles.

"So, you mean to tell me that you three are all ILLEGAL animagi, and completed a transformation that is known to be dangerous and can cause permanent damage? You also created a map that shows everywhere in Hogwarts? And you," she says, pointing at me now, "You have an Invisibilty Cloak!". "I...I ummm yep!" I say, pulling it out of my robes.