Chapter Thirty-One - Letters

A/N - May contain small spoilers for the book 'Anna Karenina' by Leo Tolstoy. It's a really great book, and one of my favourites! I hope you enjoy the chapter! xoxo

Lily:

Mwahahaha!

You know what, 'Anna Karenina' seems like an awfully long book, but in reality it is excellent. I mean, I read it in three days! And I actually do believe that James will enjoy this book - if he can look past the long Russian names and intricate detailing.

It is one of my favourite books, and it can really get you thinking. Also, it has divided many people, and many people feel pity for Anna, while others just hate her! Personally, the character I pity most is Anna's husband, Alexei Alexandrovich, and I really detest both Anna and Count Vronsky.

I really want to know what James thinks of some of the characters!

The books James gave me is a Quidditch Autobiography. I love muggle sports autobiographies, but I've never read a magical one before, so this should be interesting!

'Ok! Here I go!' I think to myself as I begin reading...

Chapter One

When I think back over my life, I think of the ups and the downs, and how each and every game and practice made me who I am. I am Connie Chang, and this is my life.

I was born in Hertfordshire in 1917, to a rather wealthy family. My mother was a half-blood witch, and my father came from the newly established pureblood Chang family. I had a brother, Darren Chang I, however he sadly passed away a couple of years ago.

I started playing Quidditch in my back garden with my father and brother. In those days, nobody really approved of a girl playing Quidditch, but I still did it anyways. I played all throughout my childhood, but my first ever game came while I was at Hogwarts.

I arrived at Hogwarts in 1928, and was sorted into Ravenclaw just like my moter and father, and eventually my brother. I played my first game against Hufflepuff...

Honestly, why the hell would anyone want to read this over a beloved classic like 'Persuasion' or 'Wuthuring Heights'! I glance over at James to see him looking at his book with great confusion and frustration.

"What?" I giggle, and he glares at me and whines, "Lily! None of these names make any sense!". I laugh and walk over to where he is seated on the sofa. "James!" I say with an eye roll, "You didn't read the characters page! Read that, and it'll make more sense!". "Ok." he mumbles, and I sit down beside him on the sofa because I'm getting cold and the sofa is closer to the fireplace.

I continue reading the Quidditch autobiography while still out of the corner of my eye keeping an eye on James and his progress. "Why'd he cheat on her? Stupid prick!" he mutters when reading about the Oblonsky's marriage. Oh, wait until he finds out that isn't even nearly the worst of it!

At about half eleven I decide to turn in, and James says, "I'll head to bed once I finish this chapter!". "So, you're enjoying it then?" I ask, resisting the urge to giggle. "It isn't as bad as I thought it would be." he admits, and with that I head up to bed.

Just as I nestle down under my covers, my comfy pyjamas on me, I hear a yell. "What? Why'd she turn him down? No!" James shouts angrily, and hear him throw the book down and stomp up the stairs, muttering, "Damn you, Kitty! Damn you!". Aw, he got to the part about Kitty and Levin! Wait until he sees how that turns out!

The next morning I wake up and have a shower. I then get dressed into my uniform and head down to enjoy (or not enjoy) a regular Tuesday morning. I'm so, so glad that James and I are back on good terms again, and that I told him my history with Snape and my sister.