Wishful Thinking

I don't get it our kind is strong why can't we just fight back!?
     Relax Pocahontas our magic is limited we use to much we can lose them all together.
        Then who hunts us!?
     Hunters their human but they believe the world is better off without magic and then we have vampires who believe they are on the top of the food chain and use us to make them stronger. But not every hunter hunts us most are after vampires and most vampires don't care about power.
        You mean Hayden?
     Yeah he had the chance to tell everyone about us and didn't I have a few friends who are hunters, a lot that are wolves and vampires.
        So I have to choose who I can't or can't trust.
     I wish it was that easy but yes...everyone in this house is on your side.
        Was there a chance...
     To what...?
        Was there a chance I could have saved my mother...?

     The question was almost like getting stabbed into the heart. There were many ways we could have saved her but we would have damned her spirit.

        There was wasn't there!
     Not in the way you want...let's just say I did bring her back I would have to sacrifice one life for hers. They could be the worst person on the planet but her spirit would be dammed.
        What do you mean?
     Right now she's in limbo if I bring her back and she dies again her spirit will be dammed to an eternity of misery. After the burial her spirit will be set free. Free to watch over you and protect you from the other side.
        ...
     I know this is hard once she's buried you can talk to her.
        Wait what!?
     Witches can communicate with the dead but it wastes a lot of energy.
        So I can talk to her!?
     Yes.

     He gets up in a hurry and hugs me so tight I can't breathe.

     Ok ok maybe I should have said that part first I will train you along with Emmett but for relax ok.
        Ok I will thanks Nadia.

I probably should have lead with that i headed downstairs to look for Julian.

Hey did you hire a nanny?
Shockingly yes what's up you phone has gone off like 50 times.
        One of our performers can't make it tonight and you have a meeting with some gang from out of town on Friday.
Great I'll preform tonight and Friday is fine don't worry.
What about the kids?
You and Maria can watch them I'll be gone an hour at most the bar or casino?
Casino.
Alright I'll do it.

     I headed to my room and found Emmett on my bed.

     Didn't I tell you to play in your room?
        Yeah but somethings wrong.
     What do you mean?
        The baby isn't his and now he's mad...

     I dropped my phone and looked at him and that's when I notice his eyes are glazed.

     Hey Emmett hey can you here me!?         Yeah why are you yelling?      Nothing do you remember what you said?         No why?      Nothing go to your room I'll come find you when I'm done

Yeah why are you yelling?
Nothing do you remember what you said?
No why?
Nothing go to your room I'll come find you when I'm done.