t h r e e

AN// this part's a little all over the place so sorry about that :/

(y/n pov)

"Grayson-- what?"

"I don't know, my mom's crazy, you know that."

"What the--" He shrugged. "Oh my."

"I-- I know." A little smile found your lips as you leaned back on your palms on the bed.

"She wants us to get married?" He looked up. "Me and you-- oh, Grayson." He lifted his hands up in defence.

"It wasn't my idea." You smiled.

"Gray," You started. "That's not-- oh gosh."

"I don't know." You both sat in silence for a while. "Isn't marriage supposed to be something like- super sacred?" You nodded.

"Yeah." You sighed. "I don't know, Grayson-"

"She just thought because, you're like-- she doesn't want you to be lonely, and I don't think I'm gonna like, find some girl anytime soon, so--" he ended with a nod. "And yeah, it was just an idea."

"Well," you paused. "Even so, not now, right?"

"Oh no, of course not-- whenever you'd like." You looked up at him.

"Gray." He shrugged. "Me and you-- god, I never would've thought."

"I mean, who knows, maybe we're perfect for each other," He teased. You looked away. You and Ethan were supposed to be perfect for each other. "Hey-- look." You turned.

"Hm?"

"I'm not gonna be like offended if you say no or some shit, it's okay," he said. "It was just an idea, that's all." You nodded.

"You're like, my best friend," you whispered. "I love you, but I don't think I like, love you, you know?" He nodded.

"Yeah-- me too." He nodded. "Yeah," he said again, a little far away now.

"Yeah." You gave him a little smile. "Sorry-"

"No, don't apologize." He looked at you though. "But if-- maybe, if--" He stopped himself.

"I can see where Lisa's coming from, though," you said. He tilted his head. "We know, know each other, you know? I wouldn't, neither would you, have to get to know someone else, right?"

"Oh." He nodded after thinking. "I guess so."

"Yeah, we would just have to-- well, yeah, fall in love afterwards." He nodded. You shrugged. "I guess that's the point of an arranged marriage."

"An arranged marriage that we're arranging ourselves?" he asked. You gave him a small smile.

"I don't know, Gray." He crouched down in front of you. He put a hand on your knee and you looked up at him.

"I'm not asking you to marry me, I'm simply-- uh, delivering the idea." You nodded. "And even if we were to do that, it wouldn't be now, yeah? In a year or two?" You nodded.

"Not with- not with E's wedding and stuff," you mumbled. He nodded.

"Exactly, so," he paused. "In a few years, if you still don't have someone to settle down with, and I don't have someone to settle down with, maybe we'll rethink?" You met his eye.

"Yeah-- yeah, okay."

"And if by then, you're still down for the idea of an arranged marriage that is, okay?" You nodded.

"That's-- yeah, okay." He smiled. "And you too, though, you don't have to like, wait for me, or anything-- if you find a girl you like and stuff, yeah, go for it." He smiled and stood.