f i f t y - s e v e n

(y/n pov)

"Good morning," you sighed, walking down the stairs. Grayson turned and smiled at you before looking down his watch.

"Morning--- I think that was seven hours," he said as you walked towards him.

"Really?" you asked with a yawn. He nodded and you walked into him for a hug.

"Mhm." He kissed your head before letting you go make your coffee. "Decaf, y/n."

"It is," you sighed, switching the machine on. He finished up with his peanut butter. "Make me one?" you asked, in regards to the toast. He nodded, turning to pop a slice of bread in.

"You seemed to have slept okay," he said as you yawned again, leaning on the counter. You gave him a small smile.

"I did," you said with a nod. "How long have you been up?" he shrugged and checked his watch.

"An hour, maybe?" You nodded. "I'm gonna work out." You nodded again as he walked over to press his lips to yours before passing by and to the fridge.

"Can I come?" his eyebrows raised as he turned to pour some almond milk into the fruit smoothie he has going.

"You wanna come?" You nodded. "Lift weights?" You rolled your eyes.

"I haven't lifted weights in like so many months, Gray." He chuckled and kissed your head.

"We can do yoga?" You smiled and rolled your eyes again. "Go change and we'll work something out." You let out a sigh as you brought your coffee upstairs with you.

You were done drinking it by the time you'd changed and put your hair up, getting ready to go downstairs to the basement. Gray was already lifting weights as you approached, pulling at your t-shirt. "Hi, there," he mumbled, finishing off his set.

"Hello," you whispered, rolling out your fitness mat. He watched from the corner of his eye as he switched the weight to his other arm.

"Gimme a sec?" You hummed and sat down, stretching out your legs and then your arms.

It took Gray a lot longer than a second to join you and you smiled as he decided to pull a video up to follow. "Should we try," he chuckled to himself as you yawned, "couple's yoga?"

"Are you stupid?" He laughed as he shook his head. "Just do what you normally do and I'll follow along."

"I'll be your yoga instructor!" You rolled your eyes again. "This should be exciting," he said, stretching his arms as you waited, still sitting on your mat. You let out yet another yawn.

"Okay, where do I begin?" you asked with a sigh, standing.

"Let's stretch." You stretched together, laughing as you went along.

"Yoga's supposed to be relaxing, Gray--" you mumbled, stretching out your back.

"This is relaxing!" You laughed as he lost balance. He sat on his mat watching you balance for a moment. "Maybe this isn't for us," he whispered.

"Okay, you go do whatever you were doing before and I'll keep doing my yoga." He chuckled and stood, stretching his arms.

"I can't even stay balanced anymore," he sighed.

"It's because you're getting old," you teased. He rolled his eyes. "We're basically, like-- thirty."

"We have some years to go," he said with a chuckle. You smiled and shook your head.

You both resumed your exercise and you were done much before of him, sitting on his bench press seat while leaning against the wall as you watched him. "Are you enjoying yourself?"