f o u r t e e n

(y/n pov)

"Hi!" she squeaked, the minute she'd caught sight of you. You smiled, getting off of Lisa's couch. "Y/NN!"

"Elle!" you replied with the same enthusiasm. Ethan set her down on the counter and you smiled, walking to her as she reached out to you. "How 'ya doing?"

"Y/NN!" she squealed again. You smiled, hoisting her onto your hip as she wrapped her arms around your neck. Your hand pressed to her back as your mouth fell.

"Are you hugging me?" you asked, voice softening. E/W laughed, setting the diaper bag down.

"Ethan's just taught her." You smiled as Elle pulled away, a cute little smile on her face. "Want milk, my love?" she asked her daughter. You smiled as Elle poked at your nose. "I'll take that as a yes."

You turned to see Ethan plop down where you'd been sitting and pull his phone up, legs up on the armrest of the couch, crossed at the ankles. You turned back to Elle who squeezed your nose. You smiled.

"Whatcha doing?" you asked. She didn't answer your question as she turned to Ethan over your shoulder.

"Daddy, toy?" she asked, voice high as always. Ethan chuckled, not looking up from his phone. "Daddy?"

"You want toys?" Elle stared at him and he held his arms out, leaning back. You walked over and set her down on his chest and walked away as Elle leaned down. "Don't you need a nap first?"

"Toy," she said waiting for her mother to bring her her bottle. You smiled as you helped Lisa out in the kitchen for a moment.

"I'm comin'," e/w sighed, walking over, wiping her hands on her sundress. "Babe, it's still-- you're gonna spill it," she groaned, taking the bottle back from Ethan. You tried not to watch them as you handed Lisa the grater.

"You were supposed to-- you got it on my shirt, sweetheart," he grumbled, sitting up and wiping at the milk. She laughed and Ethan shook his head as she handed the bottle back, wiped off on her dress "Thank you," he said, taking a kiss to his head.

"What do you say, angel?" e/w asked. Elle giggled, just taking her drink. "We're working on it," she said as she walked back to you. You smiled, chopping up the carrots you were given.

"Can we see the dress?" Lisa asked. "You've got your appointment right?" She turned to you.

"Mhm, in just an hour." E/W shook her head and turned to the bags they'd brought. "Awh," you cooed at the small dress she came up with.

"A tear right here," she sighed, shaking her head. You smiled to see the net come out from beneath the bow. "We were trying it on and she pulled it."

"Who knew she was so strong?" Lisa said, taking the dress into her hands.

"She's my kid; of course she is," E said from the couch, playing with Elle's hair as she stared at the video he was watching on his phone. "I can lift like--"

"Okay, Ethan," e/w said with a laugh, shutting him up with a laugh. She rolled her eyes at you. You smiled. "So, yeah, you think she'll fix it?" You shrugged.

"I mean, I don't think it's that big of a deal, so it'll be okay, I hope." Lisa nodded agreeing with you. "She really tugged-- whoops," you mumbled, accidentally tugging it some more.

"Either she fixes it or we get another," e/w said with a sigh. You smiled. "Okay, so-- woah, Ethan, she can't sleep now or she won't sleep to-"

"Shh, my baby's jet lag," he mumbled, readjusting his baby as he laid down. "And me too-- so peace out," he muttered, closing his eyes, hood over his head. You smiled a little at them, before quickly looking away.