s i x t y - o n e

(y/n pov)

"Yeah," you sighed, your hand up on your pillow so you could hold your phone up to your face as you laid down. "No idea where."

"Oh, y/n," Delilah mumbled, propping herself onto her elbow. You gave her a small smile through the screen and she let out a long breath. "I would cry."

"Oh, I definitely cried." She laughed a little as you looked up to see Gray enter the room. He smiled as he closed the door behind him.

"Who is it?" he mouthed, chucking his phone onto the bed. You turned the screen around as you pulled an earbud out. He waved with a grin.

"Hey, Gray," Delilah said. You laughed.

"He can't hear you," you laughed, showing her the wire of your headphones. She laughed back and you fell to your back, stretching your arms as Gray headed to the bathroom. "How've you been?" you finally asked. Delilah shook her head, rubbing her eyes.

"Ever since he left for his trip, I've been bored as fuck." You smiled.

"It's like that."

"One month," she grumbled. "Ever since he left, I've been counting down the days, dude." You smiled.

"How many left?"

"Twenty-three!" You laughed as Gray came out of the bathroom dabbing at his face with a towel. He smiled. "I'm just bored, really-- I wish you lived here."

"I'll come visit soon," you said. "Maybe in-- well, maybe in a few months, I think I should be here to help e/w once the baby gets here." E/W's face fell.

"Yeah?" You nodded, head tilting a little.

"You okay?"

"Well," she sighed. "I don't know-- how you been holding up after- after the baby?" You shrugged.

"It's been okay," you whispered. "It's been a few months now, so I think we're gonna start trying again or something," you said. Gray left the closet dressed and headed straight for bed as you yawned.

"Yeah," Delilah sighed. "We've been trying too." You grinned.

"Oh?" She nodded but didn't look so good. "Any news for me?"

"Yeah," she said, shaking her head. "I don't think I can have babies." You sat up in bed as you frowned. She looked away from the screen. Gray raised his eyebrows as he pulled on a sweatshirt. Fall was finally starting, and for some reason, it was actually getting cold in California.

"Oh, Delilah--"

"I think there's something wrong," she whispered. You frowned.

"Have you gone to the doctor or anything?" She nodded, running a hand through her hair. "And?"

"She said I could try IVF or something?" You nodded. "I'm just waiting for my fricking husband to get home to tell him."

"He doesn't know yet?" You laid back down as Gray fell behind you, head hitting the pillow as he yawned.

"No, I only went yesterday and I don't wanna like, tell him over the phone, you know?" You nodded. She let out a sigh, "I guess it's whatever."

"Awh, man." She shrugged again. "I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault at all." You smiled and shrugged. "Don't worry about it, I'm sure it'll all be fine, right?" You nodded.

"Of course it will." She laughed as Gray's head appeared from behind your shoulder. "Look, it's your husband," she said, knowing now that he couldn't hear her.