t w e n t y - t w o

AN// this one's kinda boring but you'll wanna read till the end ;)

(y/n pov)

"And there we go," you sighed, setting the plant at the corner of your vanity. "What should we water them with?" He looked up from his phone.

"Water?" You rolled your eyes.

"Like what should I put the water in?" He smiled, getting up and stretching.

"Get a watering can or something like--" He paused, mid-stretch. "I didn't wash my shirt," he groaned, head falling back.

"The white one?" He nodded. "I washed it."

"You washed it?"

"It was on the washer so I just did it with my whites yesterday- it didn't seem like you were going to so I just figured I would-" He walked into the closet and you followed him in. "Here," you sighed, pulling it off of the hanger.

"Oh, fuck, thank you," he sighed in relief as he took it from you. "You didn't have to do that."

"It's okay."

"I need it-- yeah, fuck, thank you." You smiled as he walked over to pull out the rest of the suit he'd be wearing. You sat down on the cushion in the center of the closet. "I have a meeting in an hour," he sighed.

"An important one?" He shrugged.

"Somewhere in the middle." You nodded, playing with your hair and checking for split ends. "You wanna pick my tie while I get dressed?" You nodded, getting up as he left to change outside.

You opened his drawer and picked a dark green one for him to wear as he walked back in, hands in his hair. You tied the tie for him, just as always, and sighed as he walked into the washroom. You followed him.

"Are you gonna be home late?" you asked. He looked at you from through the mirror as he checked himself, straightening out his tie and doing up the last of his buttons, tucking his shirt in.

"Maybe-- I'll text you, I'm not sure." You nodded. "I probably won't be back for dinner though so make yourself something?" You nodded again. "Or let me know and I'll get something on the way home." You nodded once more.

"Okay." He smiled and grabbed his wallet and keys sticking them into his pocket. "Uh-- have fun?"

"Definitely not." You followed him down the stairs with a sigh, holding the banister. He went into the coatroom to grab his shoes while you grabbed yourself a glass of water. "Okay," you heard.

You headed to the front door to see him waiting, all ready to go. "Ready?" He nodded, panting his pockets.

"Shit, my phone." You turned to hurry up to get it. You brought it back for him and he took it with a smile. "Don't miss me too much," he said with a smile. You rolled your eyes.

"Mhm, right." You stared at each other for a moment before he bent down to kiss you on the cheek. He blushed a little as he turned to unlock the front door.

"Okay-- bye?" he asked. You hummed as he stepped out and headed down the steps and onto the driveway.

"Bye, Grayson." He turned and waved before getting into his car. You waited at the door, waving some more until he drove off.

You shut the door, frowning as you locked it. What were you supposed to do now? You headed back up to grab your phone to see a text from e/w. come over? elle wants y/nn xx

You smiled as you changed and grabbed your keys and water bottle. You locked up and headed down the sidewalk. They were only down the street after all.