f i f t y - t w o

(y/n pov)

"I'm glad to be back," he murmured. You turned to face him, slowly as you fixed the blanket over you again. He helped, head propped up on one elbow and the other rested against your waist.

"Yeah, it was nice though." He hummed and you stared at him for a moment before letting your eyes close. He spoke again.

"Are we," he paused, "are we getting better?"

"Better?" you asked. He nodded. "Me and you?" He smiled.

"Yes, y/n, me and you." You smiled as he squeezed your hip.

"I think so," you whispered, honestly. "Do you think so?" He nodded.

"I do." You shuffled closer to him and he wrapped his arm closer around you. "We don't fight very much."

"We don't," you agreed. "We don't yell as much either." He chuckled a little, the rumble in his chest making you smile.

"I still yell," he whispered. You rolled your eyes.

"I meant at each other, stupid." He pressed a kiss to your hair and you sighed, hands curled up under your head. "Yelling at a spider doesn't count."

"I don't yell at spiders," he defended. You laughed a little. "That's all you."

"They're scary, okay?" He chuckled again and you played with the hem of his t-shirt. "Hey, Gray?"

"Hm?"

"You wanna go for a walk?" He didn't reply so you titled your head to look up at him. His eyebrows were raised.

"A walk?" You nodded. "Now?"

"Mhm."

"It's almost eleven," he whispered. "You need to sleep." You rolled your eyes as you propped yourself up onto your forearm.

"So I can sleep in another hour," you whispered. Gray sighed. "Please?"

"Why?"

"It'll be romantic," you whispered. He sighed, a smile on his lips as he rolled his eyes. He sat up and you sat up too, grinning.

"Okay, you need a sweater," he mumbled, grabbing your zip up that'd been thrown over your vanity chair. You rolled your eyes taking it.

"It's August," you mumbled. He chuckled, pulling a sweatshirt over his bare torso.

"And it's nighttime," he whispered, picking up his keys. Sliding them into his pocket, he headed towards the door as you followed him.

You both slipped on your shoes before walking out. You shivered a little and he chuckled. "Shut up."

"I told you," he whispered. You wrapped your arms around yourself for a moment, rubbing your arms before letting them drop. His hand took yours and you leaned into him.

"I told you," you repeated. He hummed. "I told you."

"Told me what?"

"That it'd be romantic." He laughed, shaking his head. He squeezed your hand a little. "We should go on nighttime walks every day," you said with a nod.

"You need to sleep," he murmured. You rolled your eyes. "And I need to get up for work most mornings." You looked up at him.

"Are you ready to go back tomorrow?" He rolled his eyes and you smiled.

"No?" You laughed. "I love my job but I'd much rather be home with you."

"That's very sweet, Gray," you said. He laughed, turning to kiss your head. "Won't E miss you?"