s i x t y - t h r e e

(y/n pov)

"I'm on my way home!" you laughed, answering the call in your car. "And I have a surp--"

"Babe," Gray said quickly, cutting you off. You frowned as you came to a red light. You stopped. "E/W-- her, we were in the-- at the store and her water broke and we're--"

"Her what--"

"Wa-water broke and we're heading to the hospital," he said. You gasped.

"But, she's a little early--"

"I know--" e/w came. You frowned.

"Can you come straight to the hospital?"

"Gray I'm an hour and a half away-- I won't be able to make it in time--"

"I know, but when you-- you do, come straight here? Can you-- can you call E--"

"Yeah, yeah, for sure, you get her there safe and call me, okay?" Gray grunted and you ended the call, pulling over to call E. You pressed your phone to your ear, disconnecting it from your car and sighed, knee bobbing up and down.

"Y/NN!" you heard. You smiled, still worried.

"Hey, Elle, you mind giving the phone to d--"

"Lots of toys, y/n!" she giggled. You sighed."Lots and lots and lots-- gotta come, y/nn, ok--"

"Yes, yes, of course, phone to daddy please, pumpkin." There was silence on the other end for a moment.

"Oh."

"Oh, Elle, I'm so--"

"Okay," she said in a sad, soft voice. Your heart broke, but really, this was important. "Daddy," you heard. She was crying and it hurt that you had hurt her that way.

"Y/N? What's up-- she's--"

"E, I'm sorry, but, oh, uh--" you stumbled over your words as you heard Elle cry in the background. "Fuck-- Gray just called to say that he-- he's taking e/w to the hospi--"

"Hospital--"

"--tal because her water br-broke." There was silence for a moment. "I-- I don't know, but I'm heading over from-- from my meeting but I'm really far-"

"We-- we can't leave just yet, what the fuck, I still need to fill out these form--"

"I don't know, E, but I think-- what if she has to-- I mean if she has her baby, then--"

"I know, oh fuck-- okay, come, princess," he said. You sighed, starting your car again. "We have to go, okay, angel?"

"But wanna play, daddy--"

"But mama needs us-- okay, thank-- thank you, y/n, for calling, fuck--"

"Yeah, it's no problem," you whispered.

"I'll see you there," he mumbled and the phone ended with Elle's crying. You sighed as you began to drive, trying to figure out the fastest route in your head.

You'd have to take the highway for sure and you weren't going to be getting there anytime soon. Not to mention how rainy it was-- traffic was going to be crazy.

How cliche.

---

"Are you the husband?" Gray shook his head.

"Brother in law-- but she's like a few weeks early, her due date isn't till--"

"Are you okay with having him in the room?" E/W nodded as her eyes shut. She tried to breathe steady but it was really hard. She was so scared- she was early.