t w e n t y - t h r e e

AN// this was a kind of a requested chapter? yeah so its like super random but enjoy i guess!!

(y/n pov)

"Hello?"

"Hey, can you get the front door?" You frowned, shuffling out of bed. "Fuck-- please?"

"Yeah, are you there?" Gray let out a groan and you headed down the stairs.

"No, no, E's there-- I can't come in right now," he mumbled. "Fuck," he groaned again as something fell.

"You okay?" you asked, fixing your sock as you hit the last step.

"Yeah, I'm building and the-- ow, shi-t-" You sighed as he swore to himself. "Just send E out back? Sorry for making you get up." You sighed again.

"Don't worry about it." You ended the call as you approached the front door, already seeing a blurred outline of E through the window. "Hey," you said, letting him in.

"Hey, y/n." You watched as he walked in and you shut the door behind him, locking it. "Where's Gray?"

"Out back, uh--" you decided to lead him there, despite him already knowing how. He nodded and you felt him walk behind you, further into the house.

Walking out the backdoor, you skipped out the backyard in your socks to knock on Gray's door. Something fell against it just as you did so, and having been startled, you fell back into Ethan's chest. "Woah," he chuckled, grabbing your arms. You sighed, standing straight as Gray opened the door, sawdust in his hair.

"Yo," Gray grumbled, trying to push the door open. "We had a slight-- accident."

"Everything' ok-- woah," Ethan laughed walking in. You peaked your head in to see a mess. "Everything fell, Grayson."

"Yeah, I can see that." You smiled as you looked around. "Don't come in without shoes, y/n, there're nails all over the place." Ethan turned to look down at your socked feet, as you did the same.

"Do you need help cleaning up?" you asked. Gray smiled and shook his head.

"This fuck's gonna help me, you go back inside." You smiled, shrugging.

"I can put some shoes on and help," you said. "It'll make it go by faster."

Before Gray could respond, you were already heading back into the house to get yourself a pair of sneakers to pull on. You stepped back into the toolshed, workshop, tiny home-- whatever Gray wanted to call it.

"You don't have to," Ethan grumbled, throwing a piece of wood across the room. Grayson glared at him.

"Are you stupid? That could've broken something--"

"Well, it didn't." Gray crossed his arms, studying the mess he'd made. You waited, rocking on your feet.

"What would you like me to do?" He turned. "Don't say nothing." He sighed, hands on his hips now.

"You wanna pick up the tiny nails that are like, all over the place?" You nodded. "Yo, E-- carry these wood pieces out with me?"

"Yeah." Ethan brushed his hands off on his shorts as Gray made his way over, both men picking up a side of a plank of wood each. "Scuze me, y/n," Ethan mumbled. You moved over and the twins walked past you.

You felt yourself go red a little as you turned to pick up some more nails on the floor, forming a pile in your hands. You heard yelling outside and smiled to yourself, shaking your head. "Hey," you heard behind you.

You didn't turn, due to the tint of your cheek and hummed instead. "Hm?"

"Here, give them to me and I'll put them away-- sort 'em and shit later." You shook your head, keeping the pile formed in your palm.