WELCOME :)

HELLO! WELCOME TO NEW BEGINNINGS: A HESSA STORY!

THIS IS THE START OF THE SEQUEL TO IN-BETWEEN: A HESSA STORY, WHICH CAN BE FOUND ON MY PROFILE.

Here's a quick recap of where we are right now in the story:

Tessa and Hardin are getting married in one day, and today is the day their family comes into the city for the big day. Hardin is worried about the secret that his surprise guest spilled to him, and doesn't know whether or not to tell Tessa before the wedding, and Tessa is have difficulty writing her vows. Both Hardin and Tessa are having pre-nuptial nerves.

If you haven't read In-Between, I recommend that you do so for some context into what's going on in the story, but if you want a brief summary of the main points that happened last book, keep reading! If not, continue onto the next page for the start of New Beginnings!

---------

WARNING: THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS!

It's been four years since Landon's wedding. Tessa and Hardin have been living in Brooklyn together for the past two years, and are blissfully happy... well for the most part. Here are some of the main points that happened in In-Between.

HERE'S AN UPDATE ON EVERYONE'S LIVES:

-Hardin is still working for Vance, but is having difficulty writing new material.

-Tessa is working in wedding planning now. She is planning the wedding of her mother's friend's daughter named Shannon who lives in Washington.

-Landon and Nora have a newborn baby daughter named Addy. They live about five minutes from Tessa and Hardin. Nora still works at the Lookout as a chef, and Landon is trying to get a teaching job.

-Kim and Vance have a daughter named Grace who is around four years old. Smith is ten years old.

-Karen and Ken have a daughter who is six years old named Abby.

-Carol Young is married to David, who has a daughter named Heather. Heather is eleven, and is extremely talented in art.

IMPORTANT PLOT POINTS IN THE STORY IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER:

- Hardin gets diagnosed with severe anxiety, and has to take medication. He keeps it a secret from Tessa for a long time, causing some tension in their relationship.

- Tessa takes a trip out to Washington for Heather's (Tessa's stepsister) birthday, but Hardin stays back to work. She meets with Shannon for some wedding planning, and Hardin ends up surprising her in Washington. Tessa runs into Robert, whom she hasn't seen in years.

- Tessa gets sexually harassed by an Uber driver while Hardin is asleep in the car on the way back from the airport, and Hardin feels extremely guilty.

- Hardin proposes to Tessa.

- Tessa finds out that Shannon's fiancé is Noah, her ex-boyfriend.

- Tessa finds out Hardin isn't taking his medication and gets really upset. She leaves Hardin to spend the night at a hotel, but meets up with Robert first. She just wanted someone to talk to, but then he makes a move on her, and she feels awful.

- Tessa and Hardin make up, but then Tessa begins getting violently nauseous, throwing up everywhere. They go to the hospital, and it turns out she's pregnant. Tessa and Hardin had one miscarriage a few months prior to this.

- Hardin and Tessa go to Landon and Nora's for Thanksgiving. They want to keep the pregnancy under wraps, but Karen's sister, Lorraine, finds out and announces it to everybody.

- Hardin goes on a business trip with Vance to Georgia for a book expo, while Kim stays in NYC with Tessa. While on this trip, Tessa passes out while shopping for a wedding dress and is rushed to the hospital. Hardin finds out and flies home immediately to be at Tessa's side. Her and the baby are okay. They decide to have the wedding on December 24th, the day before Christmas.

- For Tessa's birthday, Hardin takes her to a play on Broadway. While there, they run into Trevor, who's girlfriend is in the show. He and his girlfriend live on Staten Island in New York City.

- Tessa and Hardin go on a double date with Trevor and his girlfriend, Vanessa. Hardin leaves halfway through the dinner to get some fresh air, but ends up running into Dr. Tran. They talk.

- Noah and Shannon surprise Tessa at her house for her wedding, and Tessa is surprised. She called Noah a couple of weeks ago to ask if he would come and walk her down the isle, but he refused.

- Hardin invited Tessa's old friend, Josie from high school, to the wedding to surprise Tessa. A huge bomb drops that Hardin and Josie have met before, and have actual hooked up (not sex, but other stuff) at a college party.

NEW CHARACTERS INTRODUCED IN IN-BETWEEN:

Shannon: Noah's fiancé

Josie: Tessa's high school friend (was from the original After books)

Michael: Robert's brother

Lucy: Hardin's ex-friend from AA

Vanessa: Trevor's girlfriend

Amanda: Robert's girlfriend

Grace: Kim and Vance's daughter

Sam: Tessa's friend who owns a bridal store

Dr. Bartley: Hardin's primary doctor

Dr. Tran: Hardin's therapist (was from the original After books)

Okay! Wow, that was a lot, so now you're all caught up! So enjoy New Beginnings! :)