Chapter 1

Ray POV:

Ray flipped her long braid behind her shoulder and placed her order pad into her apron. She was starting her shift at one of the most exclusive restaurants in Seoul, South Korea. She had been in Seoul for almost 3 months. She was an exchange student on a one year program and was finishing up her bachelor's degree in architectural engineering.

Ray had accepted the exchange position since Seoul had some of the most beautiful buildings in the world. She would be there for another 9 months before heading back home to Illinois.

"Ray, table 23 is asking for you," a voice called. Ray turned around to see her manager, Soobin, speaking to her.

Ray rolled her eyes. They always managed to know when she would be working. Soobin said they never came any other time. Ray straightened her apron and headed out to table 23, which was tucked in a private room behind a curtain.

At the table, sat seven of the most handsome men on the planet: Kim Namjoon, Kim Seokjin, Min Yoongi, Jung Hoseok, Park Jimin, Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jungkook. They were the members of the internationally recognized idol group, BTS.

Ray, which they discovered on the first night they visited, was not one of their fans, who she learned they called ARMY. She had heard of them, yes, but didn't exactly listen to their music. They were talented, no doubt about it, but at that present moment in time, she was fascinated with another group. This worked out for the idol group since she could wait on them without going into crazy fangirl mode.

The first month she worked at the restaurant, she only saw them twice. Now in the last two months, they have come in at least once a week and only during her shift. She was the only waitress allowed to serve them. It irritated her friend and coworker, Lee Mina, but that was just life.

Mina waited on them the first time they came in and Ray had to take over. They requested her from that moment on.

"Good evening and welcome. Can I get you started with a drink?" Ray asked politely when she arrived at their table.

Jimin ran a hand through his dark blond hair. He turned his full lips down in a pout. "Really Ray," he said in halting English. "You wait on us so much, yet still so formal."

Ray smiled politely at the man and turned away from him. She addressed the rest of the group in the same professional, but bored tone. "Have you decided on drinks yet?"

The man sitting directly next to where she was standing had porcelain pale skin and dark brown hair. Yoongi pointed to something on the drink menu. "We would like three bottles of Soju and seven glasses," he said. Ray looked at him in surprise. They usually didn't drink.

"We're celebrating," Namjoon said in perfect English, noticing the look of surprise on her face. "Our music video for "Dynamite" was released today." Ray learned this blue haired man was the leader of the group.

"Did you watch it?" Jungkook asked, a hopeful smile on his lips and his big doe eyes curious.

"No, I'm sorry. I did not. I didn't know you were releasing a music video," Ray replied politely.

Jungkook's face filled with disappointment and he pushed back his black hair. "Oh. I thought everyone knew about the music video," he said softly.

Ray felt a flicker of guilt at the sad look on the young man's face, but she just didn't see the purpose in lying to him. "I'll be right back with your drinks and to take your order," Ray said as she walked away.

BTS POV:

Jin, the man seated next to Jungkook, had dark brown hair. He put a hand on Jungkook's shoulder. "Not everyone is a fan, Jungkookie," he said, trying to soothe the younger man.

Jungkook turned to him, his lips still turned down in a pout. "Yeah hyung, but I thought after waiting on us for two months, she might become one," he said, the disappointment still in his voice.

Hoseok turned to Jungkook, his black hair falling over his forehead. "Her not being a fan is why she's the only one who waits on us. Don't you remember that girl from the first time we came in?"

Jungkook nodded, shuddering a little at the memory. The first waitress had lost her mind and couldn't stop screeching. Ray had pulled her to the back and taken over the table, with an almost bored expression on her face. She was polite for sure, but she was strictly professional. She ignored Jimin's blatant flirting and didn't even flinch at Yoongi's gruffness toward her.

Taehyung lifted a hand and ran it through his light brown hair. "We have plenty of fans, Jungkookie. Don't let it get to you. She's just a waitress," Taehyung said to the younger man. It bothered him that Ray was not a fan, but he didn't want the rest of them to know that.

Hoseok turned to Taehyung. "Be nice, Taehyungie. Ray always is. She has never once been rude to us at all," Hoseok scolded the younger man gently. It had bothered him when he called Ray 'just a waitress.'

Ray POV:

Ray still felt a little guilty at the disappointment in Jungkook's eyes. He seemed really sweet and she didn't want to hurt his feelings by not liking their music. She promised herself she would watch the video when her shift was over. If nothing else, but to see what all the hype was about.

Ray returned to the table with a tray, loaded with three bottles and seven glasses. She set everything down on the table and tucked the tray under her arm. Jungkook looked at her with a little pout and she sent him a shy, but genuine smile. He looked surprised at her friendlier demeanor and grinned back at her, his cute top teeth pressing into his bottom lip.

"Have you decided what to order?" Ray asked, the cool but polite smile back on her face.

The guys gave her their choices, a selection of food that was enough to feed a huge family. Ray was always surprised at their huge orders. They were all extremely fit, so she couldn't understand where they put all that food. When they had left the last time, Ray couldn't help but notice Jimin's tiny waist showcased by tight blue jeans and a fitted black shirt. He definitely had a nice body.

"Ray... Ray...," Hoseok said, pulling her out of her daydream. "Are you okay?"

Ray nodded quickly. "Um.. uh... yes. I'm fine thank you. I apologize. I'll get your order in right away," she stuttered before quickly regaining her composure.

Ray hurried away from the table, embarrassed at her reaction. She had been daydreaming about one of the boys while she was standing next to their table. That had never happened before.

After the boys had left for the evening, Ray was assigned to her usual spot in the main dining room. When the idol group was there, they were her only table. The rest of the evening passed quickly and her shift finally ended.

Ray took off her apron and smoothed down the front of the white dress shirt and black skirt that was part of her waitressing uniform. She said goodnight to Soobin and Mina, turned down yet another date from the sous chef, Ricardo, and exited the restaurant.

Ray walked the few blocks to the apartment she was staying in. It was a small studio that had been provided and furnished by the college. Ray had purchased her own bedding set and towels, but everything else had been in place when she arrived. When she arrived, she unlocked the door and removed her shoes. She hung up her keys by the door and headed to the tiny bathroom to shower.

After cleansing herself of the smells of the restaurant, Ray dropped into bed, falling asleep the moment her head hit the pillow.