Chapter 26

Ray POV:

Ray was touched by the generosity of the gifts from the rest of Hoseok's members. The boys had definitely put thought into what they bought her. Ray felt bad that they had clearly spent money on her, but she enjoyed everything nonetheless.

Ray laughed at their enthusiastic reactions to their gifts and was happy they enjoyed what she had picked out. Ray had not been looking forward to the holiday since she was so far from her family, but being with Hoseok and the rest of the members made the holiday happy for her. She still missed her family, but she had to admit she was happy.

Ray looked around the room, not quite believing what she was seeing. She was here with the members of the biggest Kpop band in the world and one of them just happened to be her boyfriend. Yoongi was currently starting to doze off on his new pillow, a happy smile on his sleepy face. Jungkook and Taehyung were arguing over who bought Jin the better gift. Jin was staring at his Mario sketch, a look of disbelief on his face as he studied the signature. Jimin had pulled on the Gucci sweater Taehyung had gotten him and was laughing at his little sweater paws. Namjoon was switching out his old (and broken) phone case for the new one that Hoseok had bought him. And Hoseok. Hoseok was watching his members with a look of quiet happiness on his face. He turned to Ray when he noticed her watching him and gave her a wink.

Hoseok stood up and held out a hand with her. "Come with me," he said. "I have a surprise for you."

Ray let Hoseok pull her to her feet and followed him out of the room. He led her up the stairs and into his bedroom, closing the door behind her. Hoseok paced back and forth in his room, looking nervous.

"What's going on Hobi?" Ray asked. "You're making me nervous."

Hoseok took her hands and pulled her over to sit on the edge of his bed. "I... I want you to go to Gwanju with me tomorrow. I want you to meet my family," he said, looking down at their joined hands.

Ray looked at him in surprise. "What?" she asked, not quite believing the words that had come out of his mouth.

Hoseok gave her a bright smile. "I told my mom about you and she wants to meet you. I want to take you to Gwanju with me so you can meet my parents and my sister," he said.

Ray pulled here hands back from him and stood, her nerves taking over. "Hobi, I... I just don't think that's a good idea," she said carefully. She loved this man in front of her, but she just wasn't ready for this.

Hoseok stood, reaching for her hands, but looking hurt when she pulled them out of his reach. "Why not baby?" he asked. "You're the one I want to be with. I want you to meet the other most important people in my life."

Ray hesitated. "Hobi I'm leaving in less than six months," she said. "And we've only been together a short while. It's too soon."

Hoseok shook his head. "I don't agree with that. I love you. I know I want to be with you," he said, his eyes pleading. "I told my mom I was going to bring you home."

Ray closed her eyes against the tears threatening to fall then opened them again. "Hobi, I'm not ready to meet your parents. Especially not knowing where this is going to go," she said.

Hoseok POV:

Hoseok's heart stopped at her words. "What... what do you mean you don't know where this is going to go?" he asked, his voice almost desperate. "I love you and you love me. Where else could this go? I want to be with you."

Ray shook her head. "What's going to happen in six months?" she asked.

Hoseok held up a hand. "Why do you keep bringing that up?" he asked. "You're here now and that's all that matters."

Ray looked down at the floor then focused her gaze back on Hoseok, her eyes bright with unshed tears. "I cant go with you tomorrow Hobi. I'm not ready to meet your family. At this point, I'm not sure I want to."

Hoseok's heart shattered at her words. His family was the most important part of his life, outside his members and Ray. To hear the girl he loved say she didn't want to meet them absolutely devastated him. "Why are you doing this?" he asked, his own tears falling. "Why are you trying to push me away?"

Ray went to reach for him then seemed to stop herself. "I'm not trying to push you away Hobi. I'm trying to be realistic," she said. "I don't speak Korean so it would be impossible to communicate with your family. I'm only here temporarily so I don't want them to think that this is going to go further than it is."

Hoseok slashed his hand downwards in a furious gesture. "Stop saying you're leaving and that you don't know where this is going," he said, trying to keep the anger from his voice. "It's starting to sound like excuses."

Ray's eyes widened at his words and he instantly regretted them. He had never raised his voice to her in anger and never used harsh words like that with her. He went to step closer to her and Ray stepped back. "Baby... I'm..." he started to say, but was cut off with a harsh laugh.

"No," she said, her voice sounding cold. "Maybe you're right. Maybe I am making up excuses. Maybe I'm trying to figure a way out of this whole mess."

Hoseok's eyes filled with tears that spilled down his cheeks. "Baby what are you saying?" he asked, his voice filled with barely concealed panic.

"I'm saying I need to get out of here," Ray said, her voice soft. "I need to leave." Ray turned and left the room.

Hoseok dropped to his knees sobbing and for the first time, he didn't follow her. He let her walk away from him.