Chapter 16

Ray POV:

Hoseok was standing at the edge of the river and turned when Ray called his name. His face lit up in a beautiful smile that made Ray's heart stop. He quickly made his way towards her, taking both of her hands in his.

Ray gave him a tentative smile, but didn't pull back. He wasn't looking at her as though he were mad at her. "I'm so sorry Hobi," she said quietly.

"Sorry for what?" Hoseok asked, confusion on his face.

"I'm sorry for kissing you like that in your studio. I don't... I don't know what came over me," Ray replied, her eyes sad. She looked down at the ground.

Hoseok put two fingers under her chin and directed her gaze back to his. The warmth she saw in his eyes surprised Ray. "Please don't apologize for kissing me. I've wanted to kiss you for so long now," he said. "I wasn't lying when I said I liked you."

Ray's mouth opened in shock. "But you're... you're in one of the biggest musical groups in the world. You're famous. You're so handsome. And I'm just a nobody from a small town across the ocean."

Hoseok ran a finger down her cheek. "Yeah. I may be those things, but right now, I'm just a guy standing in front of a girl asking her to love him," he said.

"What are you saying Hobi?" Ray asked, her heart filled with fear and hope.

"I'm telling you that I've fallen in love with you," Hoseok began, taking both hands again. "I don't even know when or how it happened. One day, we were teasing you at the restaurant. The next thing I knew I was making any excuse to see you. I was getting annoyed at Jiminie and JK for talking to you. I was counting down the hours until I could hear your voice again."

Ray didn't know what to say. This couldn't be happening. This couldn't be real, could it? did he really love her? Or was it just because Ray had treated him like a normal person, something he wasn't used to at all. Ray took a step back at his words, trying to put some distance between them, but Hoseok clutched her hands tighter. Ray's heart clenched at the look on his face, a look of hurt and worry.

"Please don't run away from me. Please don't. I don't know if I could bear it if you did," Hoseok pleaded. "Just tell me. Tell me how you feel about me. Tell me what you're thinking."

Ray looked down at their hands. "I'm leaving in a few months. I'm not staying here. What do you want me to say Hobi?"

Hoseok let go of her hands and pulled her into his arms. "Just please give us a chance. This feels so real and so right to me. Give me a chance," he whispered into her hair.

Hoseok's POV:

Hoseok couldn't help pulling Ray into his arms. Ray was stiff at first, but finally melted into his embrace. Hoseok's heart clenched at the feeling. "Please tell me you'll give me a chance. Give us a chance," Hoseok said. He knew it sounded like he was begging but he couldn't stop himself.

Ray hesitated. "Hobi... what about when I leave Korea? I'm not staying here," she said, her eyes sad.

"I don't want to think about that right now," Hoseok said, a hint of panic in his voice. "You're here with me now. That's all I can think about. I want to be yours and I want you to be only mine."

Ray was silent for a moment and Hoseok's heart caught in his throat. He wouldn't be able to take it if she pushed him away. He knew she felt something. He could see it in her eyes. He could feel it in the way she trembled in his embrace. He didn't know if she loved him, but he knew without a shadow of a doubt that he loved her. He loved her more than anyone or anything in his life.

"Ray," Hoseok began, "before you say anything, come with me." Ray nodded and he took her hand and led her down towards the river. There was a path that led through the trees that was almost invisible unless you knew it was there. They went down the path and came out along the river. Hoseok turned Ray towards the river, wrapping both arms around her waist and hugging her from behind.

Hoseok felt the tension in her small frame, but as the bridge lit up in a rainbow of lights and color, he could feel her relax. She leaned back against him, her breath catching in a hitch. He moved to look at her face and fell in love all over again with the look of sheer delight that crossed her pretty features. He rubbed his cheek against hers, losing himself in the sweet scent that was simply her.

As the display came to a close, Ray turned to look at Hoseok, her pretty face lit in a smile. "That was so beautiful. Thank you so much for being here with me," she said sweetly.

Hoseok tightened his arms around her waist. "There is no one I would rather be with right now and nothing I would rather do than this," he said as he leaned forward and captured her lips with his. Hoseok could feel her hesitation and was about to pull away, but then Ray melted into his embrace. She looped her around his neck, pulling him close, and Hoseok's heart thumped in his chest.

Hoseok angled his head, deepening the kiss, then pulled her flush against his body. Ray yelped into his mouth at the contact, but soon relaxed back against him. They stayed wrapped up in each other for a few moments longer until the need for oxygen separated them. Ray pulled back, but Hoseok buried his face in her hair, kissing her neck and throat.

"Please. Please. Please give us a chance," Hoseok said, his voice sounding desperate. "Please. I love you. I love you. I love you." Hoseok lifted his head to look at her, panic and worry filling his eyes.

Ray brushed his hair back then leaned forward and pressed her lips to his gently before pulling away. "Okay. Okay Hobi," she agreed, a soft smile on her face.

Hoseok's face lit up in the brightest smile. "Really? You mean it?" he asked. "You're mine?"

Ray giggled at his words and Hoseok grinned at the sweet sound. "Yes Hobi. I'm yours."