Part 2

Kakashi, Sasuke, Naruto, and Sakura stood in the hallway in front of her room, guarding the princess from any intruders all throughout the night.

"Why do you think we're not allowed to go in there at night?" Naruto whispered obnoxiously loud, earning him a chorus of 'shhhs' from his teammates.

Kakashi, who was stationed right outside her door, was listening intently. Something was off about this whole situation. His ears perked up when he heard a sound come from the room. A muffled scream, then a thud, and then... silence. Kakashi, following his orders, decided not to enter the princess' room and continued protecting the girl from the outside.

The next day had arrived and Team 7 was temporarily relieved of their duties, giving them a chance to sleep.

Princess Minnow led the team to a room where they would be staying. Kakashi and Sasuke couldn't help but notice that her limp had gotten a little worse. They continued to watch the girl in silence. Sasuke's brow furrowed when Minnow raised her hand to her face and shakily pushed her hair back. As her fingers brushed against her skin, a purple bruise appeared. Glancing into a mirror along the wall, Minnow's eyes widened for a second at the sight of the uncovered bruise before she reached into her small bag and nonchalantly applied a small dollop of foundation.

Sakura and Naruto engaged the princess in conversation and Sasuke took the opportunity to question Kakashi.

"Kakashi, do you think this girl is alright?" Sasuke asked.

"I'm not sure Sasuke. I heard some concerning things last night and now I'm noticing that her limp is worse. Kakashi replied uneasily.

"Should we help her?" Sasuke questioned.

"No, I don't think it's safe to assume she's in danger yet. For all we know, she might just have a medical condition. Let's play it safe and continue protecting her as requested by the King and Queen. But I do think we should at least check up on her tonight. Something about this situation is giving me a bad feeling," Kakashi replied.

"Yeah"

The princess suddenly piped up, "Let me give you a tour of the palace."

The team agreed and followed her around. At least, until the King spotted them.

"Where do you think you're going young lady?" The king's cruel voice called out as he moved to stand in front of her.

"I'm giving these kind shinobi a tour." She replied icily, looking directly in the King's eyes.

"They're not your friends, they're your guards. And don't give me an attitude." The king replied angrily. He raised his hand and without a warning, slapped the princess across the face.

Princess Minnow, despite having just been slapped across the face, did not move an inch. It was evident that she was used to this kind of situation.

"If you'll excuse me, I'll be on my way then, your majesty." She spat out with disgust etched onto her perfect features.

Team 7 stood behind her in absolute shock. Sakura had her hands covering her mouth, Naruto had his jaw dropped, Sasuke had widened eyes and a slightly open mouth, and Kakashi's single visible eye was extremely wide.

Kakashi and Sasuke had a silent conversation with their eyes. They needed to save this girl.