Part 17

They arrived at Orochimaru's base and stood outside, still hand-in-hand. Sasuke gave Minnow's hand a gentle squeeze before he let go.

The group of four entered after a brief conversation with Yamato, who was making sure Orochimaru didn't do anything sketchy after the war.

As they stood together, having a conversation with Orochimaru about the Kekkei Genkai, they heard a bang.

All five people in the room were joined by a squealing Karin and a nonchalant Suigetsu.

The room was now slightly crowded since it contained Sasuke, Minnow, Chino, Nowaki, Orochimaru, Karin, and Suigetsu.

Minnow observed Karin and Sasuke with a bemused expression on her face. Sasuke looked dead inside while Karin was clutching onto his arm.

"Oh Sasuke! I knew it was you! I could sense you before you even got here! Why didn't you let me know you were coming." She squealed.

Chino was on the other side of Sasuke, leaving Karin completely unaware of her presence.

"Sasuke dear" Chino said quietly, pulling his cloak to slightly hide her face from Karin.

"HUH?! 'SASUKE DEAR'?'" Karin screamed

"What? Is she your girlfriend Sasuke," Suigetsu asked with a smile.

"Say it's not true, Sasuke," Karin cried, holding onto his arm tighter.

"It's not true," Sasuke said shortly as he gently pulled his arm out of her grasp.

Karin let out a huge sigh of relief. She straightened up again and that's when she caught sight of Minnow. Suigetsu turned to see what she was looking at and he fainted upon seeing her.

Karin's jaw dropped as she stared at Minnow. She studied Min's perfect body shape and her clothes that accentuated the gorgeous tan color of her skin. Min's dark wavy hair fell effortlessly around her face.

"A-are you his girlfriend?" Karin asked as her skin drained itself of its color.

Sasuke watched Min intently as he patiently awaited her answer.

Min let out a cute giggle and shook her head, "As if I would date his sorry ass,"

Karin let out an even larger sigh of relief as she placed her hand over her heart.

Sasuke's face fell slightly as he returned his attention to Orochimaru and continued his conversation. What was he expecting anyway?

"Okay everyone, we will be going out to the seas to meet a man who can teach us about this Kekkei Genkai." Orochimaru said, clapping his hands and silencing everyone.

"Going to the ocean with Sasuke?" Karin gasped.

"No you guys will stay here, only Sasuke, Min, Chino, Nowaki, and I will be going on this trip." Orochimaru called out.

Karin's head dropped in disappointment as she watched the group of five leave for their journey.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
A/n: sorry, updates will be less frequent. I'll try to update once a week, most likely on the weekends since my school has started back up and I'm busy as hell now. Let me know if you're enjoying the book pleaseee <3