Part 5

Team 7 finally made it to a hospital in Konoha where Tsunade immediately began healing her wounds.

"So this is Minnow huh?" Tsunade said as she healed her.

"Yeah, that's her. I have a question though Lady Tsunade. Why did you allow us to bring her back with us?" Sakura asked while standing in the corner of the room with the rest of the team.

Tsunade looked up at the team, obviously pondering something for a moment.

"There are many reasons and I'll explain them when she is well enough to participate in the discussion." Tsunade said calmly.

"Hey grandma Tsunade, can she join our team when she's healed? Pretty pleaseeee?" Naruto whined.

"It's up to her whether she wants to be a ninja or not. If she does then it's up to Kakashi to decide if he wants her on his team." Tsunade replied as she finished patching up the last of her wounds.

"Kakashi sensei can she pleasee join our team?" Naruto asked with the best puppy dog eyes he could muster.

Before Kakashi could answer, they heard Min start moving a little.

They watched as she opened her eyes and sat up in the bed, tenderly rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. When she caught sight of the team watching her from the corner of the room, her eyes widened and she let out a small gasp.

"So it wasn't a dream?" She questioned, more to herself than them. Her eyes traveled up and down her body, taking note of the patched up wounds.

Min was completely overwhelmed with emotions as she stared down at her hands resting in her lap.

A single tear made its down her cheek as she looked up at Team 7.

"Thank you so much. You saved my life. I- I don't know what would have happened if I stayed there any longer. I owe you everything," she said bowing her head in gratitude and respect.

"Don't worry about it, you don't need to pay us back, Min." Kakashi said gently.

"Hey I know a way she can pay us back." Naruto said with a cheeky grin, "she can join our team."

The girl just stared up at him questioningly.

"Yes, if you're up for it, I would like you to join our team." Kakashi said with a close-eyed smile.

"Your team?" The girl repeated, "but won't I slow you down?"

"You definitely have a fighting spirit Min, I wouldn't worry about that," Sasuke interjected.

"I agree, if you've been able to live through torture with the King and Queen, you'll be just fine as a ninja," Sakura added.

"Okay I guess I'll give it a shot," Min said with a smile on her face.

"Yesssss!" Naruto cheered while the rest of the team just smiled in content.

A week had passed and Min was finally released from the hospital.

"Hey Min, lets go to the training grounds! The rest of the team is waiting for us there," Naruto said enthusiastically, pulling her behind him.

When they finally arrived they immediately began training. Kakashi pulled Min aside and began training with her one-on-one.

Kakashi was extremely impressed with her skills. It was almost like she already knew how to do it.

"Ugh it's so hot," Min complained as she rolled up her sleeves a little.

Kakashi's eyes widened when he looked at her wrist, "Min, what's that on your wrist?"