Part 23: Alternative Ending

A/n: aight so I felt bad about ch. 22's ending so here's an alternate ending that hopefully you'll enjoy

//sorry if you got the notification and the chapter wasn't here I think it was a glitch/accidentally unpublished?

Before y'all start reading, if you would like to see a story with a specific character x reader, I am more than happy to write it for you! Just message me or leave a comment here with the character you want and what kind of plot you want!
__________________

An eerie smile grew on Minnow's face as she stopped struggling against Sasuke's hand.

Sasuke watched angrily as the girl he had in his grip slowly began changing form. Her once raven hair became short and blonde while the rest of her features changed as well.

"A transformation jutsu," Sasuke growled.

"took you long enough bitch," the girl laughed.

"i'm sure she's dead by now," the strange girl spoke with a giggle.

"Who are you and what have you done to Minnow?" Sasuke snarled.

The girl placed a hand over her mouth as she laughed, "you don't seriously think we forgot about her?"

"What?" Sasuke asked.

"i mean, you did take her away from the castle without permission," the girl said with a smirk.

"What are you saying?" Sasuke spoke, with a nervous pit growing in his stomach.

"are you really that dumb? we've taken her back to the castle. she will be dealt with at the King and Queen's discretion." The girl spoke excitedly.

Anger and fear bubbled through Sasuke as he completely crushed the girl's windpipe without thinking, killing her on the spot.

He activated his Rinnegan and teleported to the Land of Snow.

Please be alive, Minnie.
...........................
Sasuke stared up at the castle from which he had saved Minnow from 5 years ago.

He rushed inside with no obvious plan and searched desperately for Minnow, killing any guards that got in his way.

He found himself in the dungeon and made his way through the halls, following the faint chakra from her gold dragon necklace.

He made his way over to the cell with the strongest point of the chakra and burst in.

He looked around the room and found Minnow curled up in a ball in the corner of the room.

Sasuke let out a breath of relief as he dropped to his knees beside her.

"Minnie, baby? Are you alright?" He whispered, moving the hair out of her face.

Relief blossomed in his heart as he watched her eyelids flutter and her chest fall up and down, while he trailed his fingers across her slightly bruised and scratched face.

He gently scooped her up into his arm and held her against his chest. A bitter feeling of nostalgia rose up in the back of his mind, reminding him of their first escape from this wretched castle.

Sasuke had already gotten rid of all the guards, now he needed to find the king and queen... and annihilate them. He made a shadow clone to dispose of the royal couple as he hurried back to the Hidden Leaf.

Minnow woke up several hours later in a comfy bed. She sat up with a hand to her forehead as she shut her eyes, trying to block out the harsh lights. She felt fine physically and noticed the bandages wrapped around her skin.

She finally opened her eyes, still slightly squinting. She looked around the room, absorbing her surroundings. Her heart leaped a little when her gaze landed on Sasuke, who was asleep on the chair directly beside the bed.

Tenderness overwhelmed her heart as she reached out a hand to run her fingers through his hair. Sasuke subconsciously leaned into her touch as his eyes slowly fluttered open.

"Sasuke... thank you for everything," Min whispered, caressing his cheek ever so softly.

Sasuke stood up and made his way to the bed, crawling beside her, hiding his face in her neck and wrapping his arm around her waist.

"Don't leave me ever again, Minnie," Sasuke whispered against her neck, his warm breath causing shivers to run down Min's spine.

"I'm sorry, I won't leave your side again. I promise," Min whispered softly, gently rubbing his back as he hid himself in her neck.

Her heart fluttered as she felt soft kisses being placed on her neck.

"Sasuke..." Min whispered, moving her hand to tangle it in his dark tresses.

Sasuke didn't respond as his kisses got more intense. He moved away from her neck and pressed more kisses all across her face, causing a fit of giggles to erupt from her.

A smile grew on Sasuke's face at the sound of her laughs as he stopped kissing her and moved his hand to her side instead. 

"Sasuke! Stop it!" She giggled as he began tickling her.

"That's what you get for leaving me alone," Sasuke smirked.

"No, Sasuke stop please!" She choked out, her laughs stealing her breath away. In a desperate attempt to get Sasuke to stop tickling her she grabbed his face with both of her hands and pressed her lips against his.

Sasuke immediately melted into the kiss and pulled her onto his lap, forgetting all about his earlier mission of tickling her. He pulled away, totally breathless as he rested his forehead against hers, studying her eyes.

"I love you, Sasu," Min breathed.

"Minnie... I want you to marry me," Sasuke murmured, quickly pressing his lips to her cheek.

"Marry you? Like marry marry?" Min gasped incredulously.

"Yes, marry marry," he smiled.

"Hmm.... I'll think about it," Min said with a small smirk.

"What," Sasuke deadpanned.

"You heard me," Min giggled, pressing a small kiss to his nose.

Sasuke groaned and threw his head back, "seriously?"

"Payback for what you said about 'maybe marrying me' back at the lake," she giggled as she hopped out of the bed and stretched only to be pulled back onto the bed by Sasuke.

"Hey let go of meee! I'm hungry I was just kidnapped give me a break," she whined trying to wiggle out of his grasp.

"Not until you say yes," Sasuke said, trapping her with his body.

"Fine, I guess I have to marry you," she fake groaned and rolled her eyes, earning her a gentle flick from Sasuke.

"You know you want to. I can't wait to marry you," Sasuke mumbled, dropping his face into her neck.

"I love you, Sasuke and I can't wait to marry you either," Minnow whispered as she placed a kiss against his cheek.

THE END

Hopefully this one mended your broken hearts from the last chapter