Part 16

Sasuke and Minnow arrived at the village in a few minutes after running at full speed.

A group of villagers stood grouped together, holding each other and saying prayers.

"What's going on?" Sasuke asked in his smooth voice.

"The exploding humans! They have been- THERE'S ONE RIGHT THERE AHHHH!" A little girl and a big guy responded fearfully.

Sasuke and Minnow whipped around to find a young woman coming out of the shop with zombie-like moves and glowing red eyes.

Sasuke quickly activated his sharingan and put her in a genjutsu, stopping her from exploding and making her pass out.

Sasuke and Min approached the now unconscious woman and checked over her body. There were no visible signs of anything that could indicate why she was about to explode.

Sasuke bent down beside her and pried one of her eyes open with his fingers. He activated his sharingan to read her memories and see what happened before they arrived.

Min watched in worry as a drop of sweat rolled down Sasuke's face. He began trembling and broke out of her memories. He took heaving breaths as he steadied his heart rate.

"There's no doubt about it," he said in between breaths, "it's a Kekkei Genkai."

Min tenderly rubbed his back as she spoke, "a Kekkei Genkai huh? I think we should go to Orochimaru, he's the most likely to know about this Kekkei Genkai."

Sasuke nodded and stood up straight, "let's go."

Min fell into step alongside him, aware of the fact that two of the villagers, Chino and Nowaki were walking behind them.

"You're Sasuke Uchiha right?" Nowaki asked.

"The lone survivor of the Uchiha clan. Where are you going now?" Chino—the young looking girl—asked.

"That has nothing to do with you." Sasuke said coldly.

"I figure I'm older than you, Sasuke dear, so you have to treat me with respect and let us go with you."

Minnow and Sasuke looked at the girl, dumbfounded.

"Older? You?" Sasuke said.

Nowaki walked up to the pair and whispered her age in their ears.

They looked at her with widened eyes.

She's older by that much?

"Minnow and Sasuke dear, it's not good to judge people based on their looks or by your impression of them." Chino scolded him.

Sasuke turned away from her immediately and stared at the ground as he continued walking.

Minnow sensed that he was reminded of Itachi and her eyes softened as she looked at him, who was obviously reminiscing on his past. She gently pushed her hand into his cloak and intertwined their fingers, comfortingly rubbing her thumb back and forth across the back of his hand.

She could feel him ease at her touch as they continued walking to Orochimaru's base while Chino and Nowaki followed.
_____________________
A/n: oh my goodness, thank you guys so much for 1K reads. That's actually insane like— what omg

Okay that's all I had to say :) thank you, thank you, thank you and don't forget to comment or vote if you want <3