Part 20

By the end of the next day, Sasuke and Minnow had completed their mission. Apparently Chino was the person with the strange Kekkei Genkai that could make humans explode. Sasuke and Min convinced her to give up on avenging her killed clan and turned her in to the authorities.

Now, they were on their way to a nearby inn where they would spend the night.

"Hey, Min?" Sasuke asked after a few minutes of walking silently.

"Hm?" Minnow hummed questioningly.

"Are you... my girlfriend?" Sasuke asked shyly, looking away from her with a blush on his cheeks.

Min giggled. "That depends. Do you want me to be your girlfriend?"

Without a seconds hesitation, Sasuke spoke with a smile, "Yeah, more than anything."

"Then yes, I am your girlfriend," Min said, slipping her fingers into Sasuke's cloak and interlocking their hands.

Sasuke let out a content sigh as they continued walking to the inn.
....................................
Three months had passed since Sasuke and Min officially became a couple.

They sat beside a glowing lake with a small waterfall splashing into it, eating their lunch.

Sasuke finished his food and leaned back against the tree just behind him, pulling Min beside him and leaning his head on top of hers.

He watched as a flower fell from the tree and landed on his leg. He reached down and gently grasped the flower, inspecting the array of pinks, purples, and blues in each of the petals. He lifted his head off of Minnow's and turned to face her. He lifted up his hand and gingerly tucked the flower behind her right ear.

Minnow blushed several shades of red at the gesture and grinned at him adoringly.

"Why, thank you, Mr. Uchiha."

"Anytime Ms. Uchiha," he winked. "God, I can't wait until I get to call you Mrs. Uchiha."

"Are you implying that you're going to marry me?" Minnow asked, leaning towards him slightly in anticipation.

Sasuke smirked and leaned his head back against the tree.

"Maybe. Maybe not."

Minnow let out a frustrated groan and flopped onto his lap.

"You're so mean. Meanie," she whined.

Sasuke grinned down at the beautiful girl laying in his lap and began playing with her hair. He leaned down and pressed his lips against hers for a short and sweet kiss.

They laid there for a few moments peacefully until Minnow stood up.

"I'm going to be right back, Sasu"

Truthfully, she didn't know why she got the sudden urge to go into the forest, but she felt like she had to.

Sasuke watched as she disappeared into the greenery surrounding the lake.

He heard some rustling in the trees and glanced over at the direction he heard it from.

'That's where Min went, so it's probably just her,' he mentally concluded.

He sat for a few more moments waiting for Minnow's return. That's when he heard a muffled scream. He shot up and ran over to where he heard her shout.

He walked into the forest and that's when he spotted Minnow walking back out.

"What happened?" He asked, his eyes lingering on the space above her right ear where the flower used to be. His eyes wandered the surrounding area until he found the flower laying on the ground.

"nothing, I saw a bunny that scared me." Min replied shortly.

"Minnie? Did I do something wrong? Are you upset at me?" Sasuke asked, taking her hand in his.

Minnow pulled her hand out of his grip.

"don't touch me." She said, walking past him.

"What did I do?" Sasuke asked, trailing behind her, watching her with narrowed eyes.

Min stayed silent and continued walking forward.

"Minnie, baby, if this is about the marriage thing, I promise I was joking. You're the only girl I want to marry. Please don't be upset at me." He pleaded, still following after her.

"whatever we had is over, Sasuke." She said, not even sparing him a glance.

Sasuke felt sick. Things were going so well and now Min is so mad at him for seemingly no reason.

What is her problem?
_________________
A/n: tysm for 2K reads!!! Also don't forget to comment/vote