Part 11

"You really fucked up, Sasuke."

Sasuke's eyes widened as he watched Minnow's body falling in front of his eyes, almost in slow motion.

"MINNOW!" Naruto, Sakura, and Kakashi screamed simultaneously.

Sasuke just stared at her fallen body blankly as he stood up.

There's no way she's actually let me hit her. She must have had me under a genjutsu or something. Yeah that's it, so she's not really dead. But what if she is actually dead. Why would she let me kill her this easily?

Before he knew it, he felt the unfamiliar surge of hot tears pricking at the corner of his eyes but he refused to let them fall and especially refused to let his former teammates see them.

"Pathetic," he called out in fake confidence and pride, "I killed her so easily and she was one of the stronger ones on the team. Imagine what I could do to you. No matter if she was my teammate or not, I will get rid of anyone who gets in my way."

In reality, Sasuke's heart pounded rapidly in his chest. He hoped with everything inside him that he didn't just kill her.

It's not funny anymore, Min. You can end the genjutsu now.

"YOU MONSTER!" Sakura cried, pulling Minnow's limp body away and taking her pulse.

Sasuke just plastered a smirk on his face.

"Come on Sasuke, it's time to go," a deep voice belonging to the man named Madara called.

Sasuke calmly stood beside him as they teleported away to who knows where.

Meanwhile, Team Kakashi was circled around Minnow.

"SHE DOESN'T HAVE A PULSE!" Sakura wailed, tears running down her face.

Tears streamed down Naruto's face as well as he held her hand.

"Dammit!" He cried, "why can't I protect anyone I care about!"

Kakashi stood with a traumatized look on his face. The scene in front of him moments before reminded him of what happened with Rin. Kakashi let a few tears slip through his closed eyes as he looked up at the sky.

Suddenly, a few delicate golden tendrils came from seemingly nowhere and swirled just above Minnow. The team watched in slight terror and disbelief.

"What's happening?" Naruto called out to Kakashi.

"I... don't know"

The tendrils formed into a small dragon and plunged itself into Min's chest.

Min sat up with a gasping breath and all around them a voice echoed.

"You are the one you've been waiting for."

Minnow's eyes widened, that voice! Her mother? But she died years ago. What happened.

Suddenly, it clicked. Minnow's mom must have used the very last bit of her chakra to protect her in case anything like this ever happened.

Tears began streaming down Min's face as the hole in her chest began to repair itself with the magical golden dragon. As soon as it was finished being repaired, it wrapped around her neck and disappeared. In its place lay a beautiful gold dragon pendant.

Min leaned back against Sakura, breathing heavily.

The whole team wrapped their arms around her tightly, elated that she came back to them.

"Minnow! I promise I'll protect you from now on! I'm so sorry!" Naruto cried out with tears still streaming down his face.

A small smile graced Min's face, "relax Naruto."

"How are you feeling?" Kakashi asked, placing his hand on her shoulder.

"I feel fine I guess. Nothing really hurts anymore. That golden dragon was good at its job I guess." She said in a low voice.

"The only thing that still hurts is that Sasuke killed me without a second thought or regret. I have to kill him now. Just to be fair and square," she muttered, and for once, Naruto didn't protest.