Part 22

An eerie smile grew on Minnow's face as she stopped struggling against Sasuke's hand.

Sasuke watched angrily as the girl he had in his grip slowly began changing form. Her once raven hair became short and blonde while the rest of her features changed as well.

"A transformation jutsu," Sasuke growled.

"took you long enough bitch," the girl laughed.

"i'm sure she's dead by now," the strange girl spoke with a giggle.

"Who are you and what have you done to Minnow?" Sasuke snarled.

The girl placed a hand over her mouth as she laughed, "you don't seriously think we forgot about her?"

"What?" Sasuke asked.

"i mean, you did take her away from the castle without permission," the girl said with a smirk.

"What are you saying?" Sasuke spoke, with a nervous pit growing in his stomach.

"are you really that dumb? we've taken her back to the castle. she will be dealt with at the King and Queen's discretion." The girl spoke excitedly.

Anger and fear bubbled through Sasuke as he completely crushed the girl's windpipe without thinking, killing her on the spot.

He activated his Rinnegan and teleported to the Land of Snow.

Please be alive, Minnie.
...........................
Sasuke stared up at the castle from which he had saved Minnow from 5 years ago.

He rushed inside with no obvious plan and searched desperately for Minnow, killing any guards that got in his way.

He found himself in the dungeon and made his way through the halls, following the faint chakra from her gold dragon necklace.

He made his way over to the cell with the strongest point of the chakra and burst in.

He looked around the room and found Minnow curled up in a ball in the corner of the room.

Sasuke let out a breath of relief as he dropped to his knees beside her.

"Minnie, baby? Are you alright?" He whispered, moving the hair out of her face.

Sasuke's alarm and fear grew when he realized she didn't move at his touch.

Sasuke frantically pulled her up so she was in an almost sitting position. His heart pounded furiously as he caught sight of her face. Her face was in a relaxed position, her eyes were glossed over, and her body was completely limp and cold.

Sasuke couldn't help it. He started crying. Tears streamed down his face uncontrollably, as he cradled his dead lover in his arms. His sobs echoed through the cell. His breath stuttered as he tried to control his breathing, but it was too much for him. The tears traced themselves down Sasuke's cheeks and landed on the floor with a soft pitter patter.

He gently laid the girl down on the floor. Sasuke bit his lip to prevent him from crying anymore, when he spotted a slip of paper half-hanging out of her pocket.

He reached out a shaky hand and grasped the paper.

He unfolded it to find a letter addressed to him. The words were smeared in some places. It was obvious that she had been crying while writing the letter.

Dear Sasuke,
Take my necklace to remember me. Move on with your life. Have a family. Have kids. Take care of everyone for me. I don't have much time. They've injected me with arsenic. Remember that I love you. Forever and alwa...

Her handwriting trailed off the page. It was clear that someone else folded up the paper and put it in her pocket with the knowledge that he would come to get her.

Sasuke couldn't help but burst into tears again. He clutched the letter close to his chest as he let out silent sobs.

THE END

So what happened to Minnow?

Let's go back to part 20 shall we?

Min felt the urge to go into the forest. What she didn't know is that she was under a mind control genjutsu. The blonde girl and a comrade of hers put her under a genjutsu. Once Min got into the forest, the blonde girl gagged her, hence the muffled scream. Her comrade tied her up and ran away back to the castle, with the flower that was tucked behind Min's ear falling out and staying by the lake. The blonde girl transformed into Min to trick Sasuke. She broke them up so she didn't have to spend the rest of her life married to Sasuke just for a mission. However, she wasn't paying close enough attention because she forgot to give herself Minnow's golden necklace, leading to her death. Meanwhile, Minnow was back in the castle and was back to being tortured. Merely a day before Sasuke came to rescue her, they injected her with a lethal poison and allowed her to write a single letter to whomsoever she pleased. She picked Sasuke.

This, was the story of Minnow Uchiha...
__________________
A/n: Ladies and gentlemen, this is it. The Kidnapped Beauty is now completed.

If this ending left you unsatisfied, feel free to check the last chapter for an alternative ending~