Part 9

Minnow's eyes made contact with Sasuke's, who was standing above them.

She cringed at the sound of his voice, one that she used to adore.

Seeing him in front of her like this brought up an indescribable rage in her heart.

Sasuke returned his attention to Naruto, "That day, when I left you lying there, I only spared your life on a whim, nothing more."

Before anyone could react, Sasuke was in front of Naruto, in a position that almost looked like a really awkward hug.

"Now come to think of it, wasn't it always your dream to become the Hokage? All of the time you spent chasing after me would've been better spent in training. And now, I have to finish what I started," Sasuke spoke in a low voice as he pulled out his sword.

Sasuke moved to stab Naruto in the back but Min's instincts kicked in. She ran up quickly and grabbed his wrist, preventing him from hurting Naruto.

Sasuke smirked, "the block you picked, was the correct one."

Captain Yamato began attack with his wood style jutsu, making Sasuke activate his chidori and electrocuting Sai, Naruto, and Yamato.

Sakura decided to take things into her own hands and charged at Sasuke at full speed, Sasuke doing the same across from her.

Yamato ran in to protect her but the kunai he raised to stop Sasuke broke when it met Sasuke's sword, causing him to get stabbed.

Min ran up to Yamato and began tending to his wound. While she was taking care of Yamato, she sensed Sasuke walk up behind her.

Before he could make another move, she swung her leg out backwards, pulling his legs out from under him, causing him to fall onto his back with his sword clattering by his side.

Min turned around and created rock cuffs around Sasuke's wrists and ankles.

She dropped down to his level and hovered over him, just like she used to do when they used to train together.

She pulled out a dagger and held it to Sasuke's neck, but before she could do anything rash, she remembered her promise to Naruto. She couldn't kill Sasuke.

She sighed and tucked away her dagger, standing up and leaning against an upturned piece of Orochimaru's now partially broken fortress.

"What's wrong, Min? Couldn't do it?" Sasuke taunted. He was now standing after breaking free of the cuffs that previously held him to the ground.

Minnow clenched her jaw and stared him straight in the eyes. Just as she was about to attack him, Naruto placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Please, Min," was all he said.

She took a deep breath and calmed herself down as she watched Sasuke jump back up to the ledge of the hole.

"I'm done with the lot of you," he spoke in his cold voice. He stuck his sword in the ground beside him and began making hand signs.

Just as he was about to finish, Orochimaru appeared, stopping Sasuke's hands.

"Let's go, we're leaving." He spoke in that sinister voice of his.

And with that, Orochimaru and Sasuke both left, leaving Naruto and Sakura feeling hopeless and Minnow feeling more angry at him.