Part 10

A couple months later, Minnow heard more news about Sasuke. He killed Orochimaru all by himself, although she heard he was already weakened, it was still rather impressive.

She was traveling with Yamato, Kakashi, and Naruto to try to convince the Kage not to execute Sasuke. Even though Min couldn't care less if he was killed, part of her still didn't want him to get hurt. She mostly went on this mission with Naruto because she thought he could use the emotional support.

After a failed attempt at trying to convince the Raikage, Min and her teammates decided to rest in a house that Captain Yamato built with his wood-style jutsu.

Suddenly, she heard a loud sound and went to find the source. She went to the room beside her and looked up. There was a gaping hole in the ceiling and the man in the orange swirly mask was being held in place by Yamato's wood jutsu.

Naruto began questioning the man about Sasuke which caused the man in the mask to explain Itachi's story and Sasuke's goals for the future.

As Minnow listened to his story, her heart fell more and more. Itachi was a good guy and yet, he was treated as a bad one. Her mind wandered off to Sasuke.

Sasuke had been living his whole life with one purpose: to kill Itachi. But once he finally reached his dream and killed him, his whole world was turned upside down when he found out his beloved big brother was actually a good guy. It made sense that Sasuke would be acting crazy like this then; his whole life was a lie and suddenly it all clicked. He wants to destroy the Hidden Leaf for the pain it caused him and his brother!

Truthfully, to Minnow, it made perfect sense and maybe if the Leaf didn't save her then she might've wanted to destroy it but she owes her life to the Leaf now for saving her.

Her heart ached for Sasuke. She just wanted to wrap him in a hug and tell him everything was going to be alright even though she still kinda hated him for making Naruto feel guilty and for abandoning her.

As she and the crew stood outside, they were suddenly approached by a team consisting of Sakura, Sai, Rock Lee, and Kiba.

Sakura began to spew some bullshit about her loving Naruto to try and persuade him to let her kill Sasuke.

When Naruto rejected her, she stormed off along with the rest of her team, presumably to go find Sasuke herself.

However, Sai's clone stayed behind and filled them in. Sakura intended to kill Sasuke by herself and relieve that burden from Naruto and Kakashi's shoulders.

Kakashi went off with Sai's clone to save Sakura, knowing that she wouldn't stand a chance against him.

Captain Yamato was supposed to take Naruto and Minnow back to the village.

Before they could get going though, Minnow collapsed on the ground with her hands covering her mouth.

"Min!! What's wrong? Are you okay?" Naruto asked in a panic.

Min's eyes stayed shut for a few more seconds before she looked at Naruto who was crouching by her side.

"Can you check if there's a seal on me?" She asked before she stuck out her tongue.

"No, it looks normal to me. Wait, did you have a seal on your tongue like Sai did?" Naruto questioned.

"Yeah, I had a seal placed on me by Danzo. But now that it's gone, I'm assuming he's dead and I can only imagine that Sasuke killed him." Min spoke after drinking some water to relive the gut wrenching pain in her tongue.

"Why did you have a seal in the first place?" Naruto asked.

Minnow reluctantly relayed her story to Naruto who had extremely widened eyes.

"Wow you had it worse than Sasuke and I." He breathed out. He wrapped his arms around Minnow. "Don't worry, I'll always be by your side. You don't have to worry about losing me."

Minnow leaned into his side, "Thank you, Naruto. But now, I think you and I should go help Kakashi and Sakura."

"Oh right! I forgot about that." Naruto said as he jumped up and began running to them. Min ran beside him as Yamato called out behind them, yelling at them to return to the village.

After a short amount of running, Minnow and Naruto stood on a bridge where they could see Sasuke holding Sakura by the neck with a kunai in his hand.

After a quick glance at each other, they knew what to do.

Naruto ran down and grabbed Sakura, pulling her out of Sasuke's reach.

While Naruto was saving Sakura, Minnow ran up and pushed Sasuke down on the water that they were standing on, pinning him down just like the last time she saw him.

This time though, Sasuke's red eyes were much colder and murderous.

Before Min had enough time to react, Sasuke plunged his chidori through her chest.

"I needed to break our bond to get stronger," Sasuke said without remorse with his arm dripping with her blood, still lodged in her chest.

Minnow weakly wrapped her hands around his arm with a sad smile on her face.

"You really fucked up, Sasuke." She spoke weakly as she felt her consciousness being drained away from her.