Chapter 44-Tessa

I open my eyes and Emery is sitting at the end of the bed "hi mom"

"What's wrong"

"I'm sorry"she says and I put my hands out and she crawls up to me "I really am mom"

"I believe you hunny"I give her a kiss and her lip trembles "don't cry baby"I push her hair out of her face I talked to dad about going to therapy"she says "you did and what did you think"

"I said yes I want to go"

"And at any point you feel uncomfortable you tell us ok"I say and she nods she stares at my face for a minute before she starts to trace my face a habit she has had since she was younger starting at my eyebrow down my jaw line around my lips she then lays her head on my chest and a few minutes later I look down and she is sleeping I hear a knock and look over it's Hardin "everything ok"he asks "she just fell asleep"I say and I notice he is looking at me weird "what"

"No...nothing"he says and walks out of the room that was odd I try get of Emery without walking her and walk out to Hardin he quickly grabs me into a hug and kisses me all over my face "Hardin what are you doing"I laugh "I just love you that's all"he smiles "Hardin Scott are you crying"

"What...no"he wipes his eye "your are why are your crying"

"I just am ok I thought something and was going to happen to you today"he says but I feel like there's more to why he is crying does he know I'm pregnant no he couldn't know "how are you feeling"he asks me

"Fine just a bit of a headache"

"Do you feel sick or nauseous"

"No not really"

"Are you sure"

"Yes now stop acting so weird"

"I'm not"

"You are"I laugh but he just stares at me "not funny Tess"

"What's up with you"I say and he storms down the hall and I try follow him "nothing just drop it"he slams the bathroom door in my face "Hardin"I knock on the door but he won't answer "Go away Tresea"