Chapter 48-Hardin

I get back to the house and only Emery is in the living room I walk over straight away pick her up and give her the biggest hug she tenses for a minute before she relaxes in my arms embracing me "I love you so much"I start kissing her and she giggles "dad what are you doing"

"Just telling you how I love you so much"I say and she laughs in my arms "I love you bit this is weird"she says and I put her down "you know you will always be my number 1 princess"

"Duh I know that but why are you acting strange"I laugh at her but then it makes me sad to think that she is question why I am acting like this "where is mom gone"

"She is in the bathroom washing Auden he got sick"she says in a monotone voice "I'll be back now ok"I give her another kiss and go find Tessa "Tessa are you in here"I knock on the bathroom door "bedroom"I hear her call "hey where did you go"

"I'll tell you now when Auden leaves"

"Ok"she says "Auden let's go take a nap"she lifts Auden up the bed and a few minutes later she comes back in shutting the door "what happened"

"I saw Emery's therapist"

"You did why"she asks confused "I was worried for the way Emery was acting and I wanted to know what happened I wanted to know why she was crying"

"And what did she say"she asks worried "it because of us"

"Us why"

"We don't give her enough attention she feels left out she basically thinks we care about Auden"

"Bu...but no what how"

"I don't know but that's the way she feels and the more I think about it the more true it is we do spend more time with Auden then Emery" I say and she says silent "what can we do to make her feel loved"

"I don't know but we can figure something out especially with the new baby coming"

"I didn't even think of that oh god"she cover her face with her hands "what if we asked can Auden stay in Landons for the weekend and it just be us"she says and I agree