Chapter 54-Emery

"Come on Emery it's time for school"my dad wakes me up "where's mom" I stretch my arms "she is still at the hospital" yesterday when dad came back from seeing mom she wasn't with him and I could barley sleep I was up all night worrying about what is happening

"Is she going to die"I say and he chocks on his breathe "what no of course not she just isn't feeling well"

"Why was she bleeding"

"She just was"

"No there's a bigger reason your not telling me something"I say to him and he lifts me out of bed "get dressed or you will be late"he kisses my forehead and leaves and I get dressed he is hiding something

I go out to the living room and Auden is dressed to "Emery come here"my dad calls me and I run over beside me and Auden "Mommy is going to be away for a another night ok"he says to me and Auden "where is she"Auden asks "she is with Kim"my dad lies  I open my mouth to speak but he stops me "she is with Kim for the night she will be back tomorrow"he says and I roll my eyes "let's get yous to school"we leave the house and get into the car my dad puts The Fray on I love there songs so does mom,dad and Auden "I'll be back now Emery"

"Bye Emery"Auden says "bye"I say back to him and my dad brings him into kindergarten and a few minutes later he comes back out "so dad do you want to tell me what's really happening with mom"

"Emery"he sighs "I wish I could but you wouldn't understand"

"Please just tell me I want to know"

"Mom has...lost the baby"he says "oh"is all I can say "so no new baby"

"No princess"

"Is mommy ok"

"Not really she is just upset"

"Are you ok"

"A little bit I just feel sad"he tells me he sounds like he is going to cry "can I talk to mom"

"Sure after school we will ring her"

"No can I talk to her now"I say "fine let's go"he turns the car around "where going to the hospital"he says "really"I ask shocked I didn't think he would "yes you want to see your mom right"