Chpater 66-Hardin

"When your mom was drugged it was over something I did in the past and I wasn't there to protect her and if someone had...had of really touched her I couldn't have lived with myself knowing it was over my past actions"I shake my head to try get them thoughts of my head "and after that I went to Seattle me and Hardin decided to keep our distance but of course that didn't last long"Tessa says

"If I remember correctly you sent me pictures of your new office and we talked for an hour on the phone"I tease her "that was...because I missed you"she smiles "so of course I went to Seattle because we couldn't bear been that long apart and we where actually doing good I would go there on weekends and we did that for a couple of weeks and than there was this time we went to Vances club and your Mom let me-"

"Hardin"Tessa shushes me "Ew I don't want to hear what weird sexual stuff you did"Em covers her ears and me and Tessa laugh "and than there was the horrid trip to London so you know Nana Trish and Mike are married and that's why we traveled to London but a lot of stuff came out about the past"I just realised I have never actually told Emery Vance is my real dad she calls both Ken and Vance grandpa she has never questioned it so it was just never brought up

"I knew I was going to run into people from the past and I was already on edge and weirdly everything was going fine until I found something really big out someone in my family was not who I thought they where"

"Who was it"she asks curiously "I don't want to confuse you I think it's better you don't know it's nothing that will effect you"

"Oh ok"she looks confused I'm surprised she isn't looking to know more

"I promise someday I'll tell you so anyway I got thinking and realised I wasn't good enough for your mom so I left her bags at the hotel with a plane ticket to get her home but of course her stubborn arse wouldn't go without a fight she came looking for me found me and I turned her away and she left"

"And how did yous get back together if you'd where in different countries"

"When I got back to America I"I can tell Tessa doesn't want to say it so I give her hand a little squeeze to tell her it's ok "I found my dad....dead in the apartment.... I need a minute"she stands up and walks to the bathroom "is she ok"Emery asks I check my phone and it's almost time to collect Auden "Emery will you go collect Auden please"

"Of course" she says going to leave and I go down to Tessa "Tess"I gently knock on the door "ye sorry come in"she says opening the door her eyes swollen from crying "what's wrong"I wrap my arms around her and she lays her head on my chest "just talking about everything just had me remembering things than when I mention my dad I just needed a moment I'm fine now that was the past"

"Tessa even though it's the past you can still get upset" I tell her and I feel her nod against me "I know I know I just hate bringing up the past we better go collect Auden"she walks out of the bathroom

"Emery is gone to get him they will be back soon"I tell her and pull her to sit on my lap "how do you think Emerys funding what where telling her"I ask Tessa "at the start she didn't look happy but I think she is understanding it a bit more when didn't you tell her about Vance and Ken"

"I just didn't want to confuse her"

"I think we should tell her"I knew she would want to "but you now Emery she will probably decide not to  speak to them or something"

"She won't you have to trust her we should just tell her get everything out now"

"Fuck fine"now I'm getting annoyed "Hardin please relax"