Jethro - tower duty

Requested Nicci-Cakes

Meg's POV:
I've been a lifeguard for about 3 months now and it's been fun. I moved to new south wales about a year ago and it's been the best decision I've ever made. I had a small job working as a waitress in a small restaurant. It was ok but definitely wasn't the job for me. Every lunchtime and every time after work I would always walk past bondi beach watching the lifeguards do their job and how amazing they are at it. I always wondered what it was like to be a lifeguard and I would've loved to give it a shot. Once I heard about the lifeguard position aka being a trainee I jumped at the opportunity.

The other lifeguards have welcomed me so well. I've impressed the boss himself, Hoppo. I've only been a lifeguard for about 3 months, coming up to the 4 month mark soon. Hoppo has already said he's pushing me past the trainee part and putting me as a fully fledged lifeguard. I'm not complaining. We all get on well down here, especially one I get on well with. His name is Jethro. We've connected well. We speak a lot and have been put together a few times.

Today I was on tower duty with Jethro. Tower duty with Jethro normally happens about 3 times a week. I always love being on tower duty with him. It's always so much fun. The day went on and Jeff and I were left by ourselves. It's nice just being with him as we bond and talk a lot more. "What do you like to do other than lifeguarding?" I asked as I looked through my binoculars. "Definitely camping and going on an adventure." Jeff said. His thick australian accent gets me. "What about you?" He asked. I thought for a second. "I love to swim and surf when I've got nothing to do. Camping sounds pretty fun if I'm honest." I said making him chuckle. Jeff and I have become close friends.

The more we find out about one another the more we find out how much we have in common. It's insane kinda. "Where you from?" Jethro asked snapping me out of my thoughts. "I'm from England." I replied. "That's so cool." He smiled as we laughed. We spoke for hours until both our shifts ended. "See you tomorrow Jeff." I smiled grabbing my bag before walking out of the tower. "See you tomorrow Meg." He replied as I left. I smiled to myself. This is going to be a great friendship.

*3 weeks later*

Jethro and I have been hanging out together everyday at work/off work. It's been a lot of fun. We've really gotten to know one another and it feels like we've know one another for longer.

Jethro's POV:
I've really gotten to know Meg and she's so sweet. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up but I have to give it a shot somehow. I got my best mate Joel to help me. We bought her flowers and I got her a  necklace. I know she'll like it. We'll I hope so. I planned a nice meal out in the back garden of my house. Joel helped set everything. This was the final outcome:

(A/n: something like that ^^)

It was time to pick up Meg. Joel when his own way and I headed over to Meg's. As I approached she was standing out side with a big smile on her face. "Trust me on this." I told her handing a bandana for her to put on. She gave me a look. "Ok." She replied placing it on. I helped her into the car and I drove us back to mine.

We shortly arrived back at mine and I got out of my side and quickly rushed over to Meg's side. I placed my hands on her shoulders leading her out to the backyard. "You can take the blindfold off now." I whispered. Meg slowly took it off. "Oh my! Jethro! Did you do this all by yourself?" She exclaimed. I smiled. "I had help from Joel." I admitted. "With of without help it's still beautiful. Thank you." She smiled. I took her hand leading her over to our set up for the evening.

We had our meal that I made myself as we sat on the grass with set up of the outside movie theatre. We were watching a movie of Meg's favourites. I had my arms wrapped around her as we watched the screen. The movie came to an end and Meg yawned while stretching. I helped her up. I was taking her home. We arrived at her house and both got out of the car. We walked towards her door. I breathed heavily. "You ok Jeff?" She asked. "Meg will you be my girlfriend?" I asked her with a smile. Meg smiled back. "Yes!!" She exclaimed pulling me in for a hug. I wrapped my arms around her waist picking her up and spinning her around a little.

A/n: hope you like this and thank you for requesting!