Chappo - empty bed

Chris' POV:
I woke up to an empty bed. Normally I would wake up to her still being there. That's when it hit me for the millionth time. We're not together anymore. She's moved on and found someone new. I need to move on.

I can still smell her fragrance on my sheets and around my house. It's like she never left. I'm not going to say goodbye to what we had but I need to. Work felt different when I walked in today. Y/n and I would normally walk in together and be all lovey but obviously not anymore.

Your POV:
It was a new day and I felt positive in myself. My boyfriend and I recently split so I'm going through that. The thing is we work together so it's going to be a little awkward. He thinks I've found someone new but I haven't. It was just my best friend (who is a guy as girls can have guy best friends).

I met up with Maxi for the remainder of our walk to work. "So you and Chris are no longer together?" Maxi asked as we walked towards the beach. "Nope." I said. "Aw shame. It's gonna be awkward now for you both." He smirked. I rolled my eyes. "Whatever." I replied placing my bag in the locker and heading into the tower. Chris was sat there laughing with Ryan and Troy when I walked in. I took a pair of binoculars and looked out across the beach.

The laughter stopped after a while. "So y/n how are you?" Ryan asked with a smile. I turned to face him barely making eye contact with Chris. "Good." I smiled getting back to work. The day went on and they left the tower. Someone else walked in. "What went on with you and Chappo then?" Harrison asked. I really didn't want to talk about it. "We just broke up that's all." I told him. "I heard about you and Chappo. Sorry to hear that." I heard Lachie say before walking off. I don't know what was going on or even how they found out. Either Chris told them or they guessed it.

All that was being talked about was Chappo and I. I sighed. "Can we stop talking about Chris and I?! Yeah we broke up! That happens in relationships. I really don't want to talk about what happened. I have to keep mine and his personal life away from work. No I haven't moved on! It's between us to sort out no one else. We don't need your help." I explained to them all before getting up off of my seat and heading down on the beach.

- - - -

The day went on and soon came to an end. I ignored most of the guys as I had enough for one day and walked out of the tower to grab my bag. I said my goodbyes for the day then began to walk home.

Footsteps came towards me. "Y/n wait up?" I heard Chris shout. I sighed. He came jogging over. "Look I'm sorry about what happened in the tower today. They all guessed we separated because I never told them. I hope you're doing ok. I miss you y/n. I really do. I hope we can stay friends if that's what you want." He told me. I nodded my head. "I would love to talk about it all but right now I'm not in the right mood too. Thank you anyways Chris." I said softly before walking home. I sighed to myself. All I'm going to get now when I turn up to work is 'Chris and y/n' , 'What happened?'. It's now a memory. What we had is a now memory.

A/n: feel free to leave ideas in the comments.

So singlets saw my drawing of him that I did last night 🥺 so thankful!!