Jethro - blame

Requested by @Thenextstepfan3

Your POV:
We've been best of friends from the start. We started together and hopefully it'll stay that way. Jethro and I became good friends from the first day of our lifeguards game career. We instantly click. Maxi helped me get a job which was sweet of him. A thing that I have noticed is that Jethro hasn't been speaking to me as much as he used to. He's just been acting odd. Just acting not like himself. It was ever since Maxi and I began to hang out more again.

It was a new day and I arrived at work. "Morning." I said to them all. They all said morning back besides Jethro. I sighed and took a seat. "Morning love." Maxi said to me. He would always call me love. It's our thing. I trust Maxi with everything. Maxi and I are childhood best friends. Our families knew each other and that's how maxi and I became good friends. "Maxi I need to tell you something but you promise not to tell anyone." I said shaking my legs. "Hey I promise I won't tell anyone." He smiled. "I like Jethro." I said. "I already knew." He said. I looked at him with shock. "You know?" I asked. "I can tell y/n." He told me. I smiled blushing a little. "I don't have the courage and I'm just afraid to ask him but I don't want it to ruin our friendship I have with him." I explained. Maxi smiled. "Well I would just tell him the truth and don't hid it from him." Maxi said with a smile. I smiled at him. Maxi got up and patted my shoulder as he left.

Jethro's POV:
Y/n and Maxi like on another. I can tell. They're so close. My feelings for her are everywhere. I'm trying to ignore them but they come back (in a good way). I love her.

Maxi walked into the tower when y/n left so here was my chance to ask him the truth. "So you and y/n?" I asked fiddling with a pen. "Oh no. No. We're just best friends. We grew up together and know one another really well. We're just having a good catch up." Maxi told me. I raised my eye brows. "Yeah." I mumbled. "Ok Jeff, I would never steal a girl from someone who likes her." He smiled. "What are you on about?" I asked. "I can tell you like her. Just admit it. If you just tell her then maybe it'll work out who knows." He said shrugging his shoulders. He's right but I still do think he likes her in away.

Your POV:
A new day arrived quickly and Jethro is still not speaking to me. It was my lunch break as well as Jethro's so I thought I would ask him to see if he wants to go for a surf with me. "Hey Jethro would you like go out for a surf with me?" I asked him. "No sorry." He said. I should've known. "Ok." I said before heading down to the water. I paddled out into the surf. I caught some wave and then didn't catch some. I paddled out again and again until I decided to do it a final time. I paddled out for the final time. The final wave came crashing down. I thought I had this in the bag but I thought wrong. The wave crashed down bringing me with it. I end up going under

- - - -

Hours passed and no one has found me. They're not going to find me. I'm not going to see them again. I'm not going to see Jethro again. I love him. There's always tomorrow so I hope.

A/n: this little paragraph was a bit sad to write as near where I live 3 people got stuck in the water (it was rough at sea) and 2 of them made it to safety. They called off the search which was sad but hopefully the guy will be found 😔

Back to the story...

Jethro's POV:
Y/n left to go out for a surf. She spent nearly an hour out there by herself. The wave came crashing down. I'm hoping she caught it but then it engulfed her under. "Nooo!" I said standing up with my hands going up to my head. Jesse walked in. "Y/n's gone under. You need to go get her." I said. Harrison, Whippet, Luke and Deano were standing behind Jesse when I told him that. They all ran down the tower stairs and headed out to the water. I grabbed my radio so they all knew what was happening.

*bondi central to all buggies... y/n was surfing and a wave crashed brining her down. She hasn't come back up*

I alerted them all. I ran my hands through my hair worrying like hell. Maxi ran into the tower. "Jethro they'll find her." He told me. I didn't know how to feel. "It's my fault for not going out there to find her." I said tearing up. "It's not your fault. We'll find her." He said to me again. I know they will.

Hours passed and still no sign of y/n. The 5 of them came back to shore shaking their heads. "We're going to have to call it a night. We'll come back tomorrow early morning to look for her." Jesse said patting my shoulder. They all said bye and headed home for the night. "I love you y/n. We'll find you." I mumbled before heading home myself.

Maxi's POV:
Jesse, Harrison, Luke, and I all met down at the tower. "We'll find her. Jethro isn't here right now but he'll most likely be down soon." I said to them. We all got down to the sand. "Jesse and I will take the jet ski and you two can go via the boards if that's ok?" I suggested. "Anything to find y/n." Luke smiled. Jesse helped me take the jet ski out into the water. Jesse got behind the handles and I sat behind him as we went out into the water.

Luke and Harrison got out the boards and headed out via them. We got further out to see and scanned the rocks. "Maxi!" I heard my name being said. I thought it was Luke or Harrison so I ignored it. A few minutes passed. "JESSE!" I heard. "MAXI!" I heard. "LUKE!" I heard. "HARRISON!" I heard. That's when I turned my head seeing her on the rocks. "SHE'S OVER THERE!" I shouted to them all pointing over to where she was. We all made our way over to her.

They all helped her onto the back of this jet ski. "You're ok. We've got you." I told her as I held her close in my arms. We all headed back to shore. As we approach Jethro was there on the beach with towels. Y/n was falling asleep. "Hey stay awake we're nearly there." I told her. We all got back onto the sand with Jethro rushing over. He helped wrap her in towels for me. "I've called an ambo and it's just arrived." Jethro said helping us bring her up to the ambo.

Your POV:
My eyes opened slowly then getting blinded by the lights. I winced. I turned my head to the side seeing Jethro sat in the chair with his head in his hands. It was later in the day now.

I wanted to hug him so tight but I knew I would end up in pain so I decided to call his name instead. "Jeff?" I said with a croaky voice. He looked up making eye contact with me. He looked rough like he hadn't slept in a while. "I'm so glad you're awake y/n. I thought I was going to loose you." He sobbed. I tried not to cry myself. "I'm so sorry that happened to you. I should've gone with you. I'm so stupid for ignoring you and being so selfish." He cried. I took his hand holding it in mine. I squeezed it. "Don't ever blame yourself ok. It's not your fault and never will be ok." I told him as he smiled a little.

Jethro leaned in pressing his lips to mine. I melted. We pulled away resting our foreheads together. "Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked me. I smiled. "Yes." I said as he kissed me again. He's my hero.

A/n: thank you for requesting and I hope you like this! I loved this idea!