23.

"You need me to what?" Namjoon exclaimed.

"I need you to cover Jaehyun. He injured himself at home and won't be able to play."

"I-I can't do that sir. I suck at playing basketball. I told you I only joined to—"

"To get college credits. I know." The coach finished. He had heard Namjoon say this over and over since he started.

"Exactly. I won't be able to cover him. I'm so clumsy. I'm going to fall on my face and-and I can't even throw the ball."

"You don't throw the ball. You pass it. It's different." He corrected. Maybe this idea was insane.

"See! That just proves it right there I'm not built to play sports."

"You need to cover him. We have no extras. You're the extra. We have to switch out our players during the half time. I usually can do that without you, but with Jaehyun gone you're the only one that can cover him."

Namjoon gulped down the nasty nauseous feeling. He felt like he could puke. Immediately, he regretted eating that cheeseburger before coming into practice.

"The game is in two days." He whispered petrified. If he would've known about this before he could've faked an injury or something.

Now, his conscious wouldn't let him do it. He'd let the whole team down. Jin included. Letting him down was not a part of his plan.

"I just need you to play half a game. Can you do that? Can you try to? I will try my best to train you today and tomorrow. I just need to know that you'll give it a try."

Namjoon nodded, "Okay. I will give it a try."

"Yes! Thank you. Okay that's all I needed to talk to you about. Better get changed before practice starts."

Namjoon sighed excusing himself. A few of the basketball players had already started walking in the gym.

Gosh. He was so scared to fuck it up. The game was against the rival school. If he messed up and cost them to lose he wouldn't live to tell it. He'd be an embarrassment to the whole school. Jin wouldn't even talk to him.

Shit.

He didn't talk to him now. If he failed the team that would just add on to the zero communication they had.

When Namjoon heard a female voice inside the locker room he froze. Had he walked in the wrong one? Had he been that distracted?

"Do you want to come over to my place after practice? My parents won't be home."

"I don't know. I'll be dirty and sweaty." Jin responded.

Namjoon rolled his eyes. Of course he had to walk in and over hear this. Why was it always him? He peeked a little and spotted the familiar tall girl hugging Jin around the waist.

"That's no problem. We're going to get dirty and sweaty either way."

"I-" Jin looked up and saw Namjoon standing there with a blank stare.

"You what?" She interrupted.

Namjoon couldn't stand the sight and he quickly walked out when Jin turned his attention back to her.