27.

"So you're just going to help him just like that?" Jungkook asked.

"Yeah." Yoongi said tapping his pencil on the table.

"But you like him. You've admitted it out loud and that's important. You never admit things like that. You can't just help him date Sana."

"Jimin doesn't like me. He likes Sana, okay? I can't change that."

Jungkook groaned, "Yoongi are you listening to yourself? He's asked you about blowjobs and has blushed around you multiple times. Doesn't that mean something?"

"Uh no. He's just a flirty person. He doesn't realize that he's doing it."

His best friend frowned unpacking his lunch. Yoongi gave him a look, "Don't do that. You and I know where this will end. It already happened with Jin. I don't need to get my hopes up."

"You're just giving up too easily. You're being too selfless."

"So you want me to be selfish?"

"Yes! It's the time to be selfish now. You're young and ambitious. Giving up should not be on your list."

"Well, it's easy for you to say. You have a perfect relationship."

Jungkook sighed looking at his sandwich. Yoongi instantly noticed his change in mood. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I just don't think you—"

"Something happened. Did you get in a fight with your boyfriend?"

"No. We never fight. He's great. I just..."

"What?"

"I don't feel the magic anymore." He whispered with a lump forming on his throat.

"Huh? But..."

"Maybe it's just me. We don't see each other often and I just need to see him. Yeah. It's just that no big deal." He told himself.

This is what he had been repeating in his head for days now. If he just kept saying it he would maybe feel better about his doubts.

"Are you sure it's not Taehyung?"

"Yoongi-! What? No. I don't like that guy. He's-he's so obnoxious and mean. I could-I could never like him."

"Oh you poor boy. You already do."

Jungkook's face turned red. "What?"

"You already have a crush on him. I see it in your eyes."

"That's not true! I-I don't..."

"Hey, it's okay if you do. Didn't you just tell me it was okay to be selfish?" Yoongi whispered leaning closer to him.

Jungkook pouted leaning his head on his shoulder. "Emotions suck. Why do we feel things we don't want to?"

"I don't know. I wish I knew the answer to that too."

"Fuck. Do you still want to go to that party tomorrow? I don't think we should with everything going on."

Yoongi gulped down nervously, "Y-yeah. I mean it's for his birthday. He invited me so I have to go. I'll only go if you come with me though. I need you there. Will you go with me?"

Jungkook didn't think this was a good idea at all. He felt that both of them would get in serious trouble from going.

But a part of him found it thrilling.

Jungkook was always the safe guy. Never took risks. He liked being simple and predicting. He hated to not be prepared. Going to the party was something he was seriously not prepared for.