CHAPTER SEVEN

" I'm Wooyoung'', said the guy in front of you. You smiled shyly as you shook hands with him. You're still confused about why he asked about your school. " I know you're still curious, I'm a new student at ATINY University. I heard that you're one of the top students, the principal told me to approach you, and didn't expect to encounter you here in the park".

" So you're the new student? Ooh", you said. He smiled and sat beside you. " You're an athlete? My friend told me that you'll join the Ravens."

" Ahh yes, I'm 4th-degree blackbelt", he answered. Woah, his rank is higher than yours. " I quitted from SKZ University".

" I see", you answered. " I'm Y/N by the way, just making sure you know my name".

" Of course, I know your name", Wooyoung chuckled. " Why are you alone?"

" I ran away from home. My brother sucks. I hate him".

" Isn't that bad?", he asked, concerned. You sighed. You just hate the feeling of being controlled. You hate that your happiness has a remote control, Hongjoong is the controller.

" I know, I'll return later. Just cooling off because I'm really mad ". Wooyoung nodded at your response. Right now, you can feel the gust of wind hit your face. The silence is somehow deafening to the ears. " So, I think I'll go now miss Y/N, nice meeting you. See you tomorrow ". Wooyoung smiled at you before waving goodbye. You waved back and sighed again. Now you're alone.

You checked your phone and saw a new message from Mingi. It's a photo of him and San, with their newly dyed dark hairs. San's hair was black and Mingi's were brown. You also noticed that Mingi was wearing his reading glasses. It's been a while since he wore that. They're both cute. You were a little disappointed that you didn't see them dye their hair in person.

San: I think your brother didn't let you come, we understand you lil pad. See you tomorrow. Oh, and be jealous, we dyed our hair LOL

You giggled at the message. It somehow made you happy a little bit. You still have no plans on getting back home yet. You wanted to be found. You just sat there, scrolling on your phone.

" There you are, peasant".

It was him. The voice you never wanted to hear this time. Seonghwa is standing right in front of you, giving you a disappointed look. You scoffed and rolled your eyes.

" Hongjoong sent you? Tell him I don't want to go home yet", you muttered. You know Hongjoong wouldn't like to hear that. He's a different man when he gets really upset.

" Peasant, you're making this hard for me. I still have no progress on my mission!", Seonghwa said, who was finally irritated. You sarcastically laughed.

" I don't care about that for now--".

" Y/N".

You glanced to the side and saw Hongjoong with a stern but apologetic look. " What now brother?", you asked as you stood up.

" I'm sorry", he said as he lowered his head. " I am such a selfish brother to you".

" Well sometimes yeah. I just don't like the fact that you have zero trust in Mingi and San. They're my best friends, what's wrong with it?", you asked. " They have been here for me since grade school!".

" I know".

" Then why keep forbidding me?".

" It's for your safety. I am doing my best since my father is not here. I know you're good at martial arts but we don't know how the world works right now. It's still dangerous. Sometimes there are strong things that can be fought by much stronger things but with cheating. What can you do with guns? Kick them? That's why I'm concerned", Hongjoong explained. " I love you, you're my sister".

Your eyes watered up at his words. They're touching. You understand him now but still, you just wanted some freedom. You also felt sorry for the way you acted a while ago. It's mannerless. You went to Hongjoong and hugged him. You can see Seonghwa looking at the two of you, his expression unreadable. " I'm sorry brother. Let's go home now".

Hongjoong nodded and smiled and he tapped your back. Seonghwa followed behind. It was a silent walk back to the house. Today, your brother will be working on another song so he'll be busy again. It's your time to work out and maybe just scroll on the phone.

You're not a fan of studying. You believe in stock knowledge. Your grades aren't that bad either. You're lucky that you're at the top of the class. Mingi and San are second to you.

Hongjoong went to his room while you were just sitting on the couch. You felt something hard so you frowned and picked it up. It was the Sky Prince book. You opened the book and started reading. It's magical every time you read the book. Little do you know, Seonghwa is staring at you from the door frame of the living room.

" Oh my gosh, do you have that staring syndrome or what?", you raised a brow as you asked him. He just chuckled and sat across from you while staring at the book.

" Ylona did me dirty", he said.

" Who's Ylona?", you asked, confused.

" The author of that book", Seonghwa answered. You looked for the name 'Ylona' but there's none.

" There's no Ylona written in here. Are you sure they wrote it?", you asked, once again.

" Of course I am. I know her. The queen said to write a book about me and publish it in other realms. Ylona has quite the reputation in our realm, she's a well-known author", he answered with an annoyed look. " The book speaks lies".

" I don't think so, my prince. This describes you, aren't you happy that this book, it might help you with your mission", you answered. " I know you just hate to admit it. Everyone knows that you're a salty character now so maybe, change it". Seonghwa's eyes turned slits as he stared at you.

" What are you, Y/N?", he asked. " You're quite interesting. You know how to make fun of me, don't you?".

" I'm not making fun of you, I'm just stating facts".

" Well, be it. You'll be amazed when I changed soon", he said. He suddenly smirked. " Is there by any chance that I can attend your school?". Your eyes widened at his question.

" Why would you do that?", you asked as you closed the book and placed it on the table. Seonghwa laughed a bit.

" That's my chance. Maybe I can find myself a queen and maybe change too", Seonghwa answered as he rested his back on the couch and sighed.

" You're a flirt. You're gonna go to school just to find ladies? School isn't a dating site".

" So you want me to just choose you... Y/N?", Seonghwa said with a serious face but you can see the mischief in his eyes.

" NO!", you said, acting like you were disgusted. Well yeah, you're disgusted. You're not ready for smoochy lovey dovey things but this guy's charisma in flirting is somehow affecting you. He laughed. Like a genuine laugh. It's the first time you heard him laugh.

" Ahh peasant, you're such an amusing girl!", he said between his laughs. You can't help but laugh a little.

" Stop it with the peasant thing, I have a name you little piss", you mumbled.

" You're still my peasant", Seonghwa said as his laugh became soft.

☾︎

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!!