Chapter 17: A Chance

After she calmed, Varun took her home. The whole ride was silent where Mahi was just looking down. As they reached home, he open the door and wake in and Mahi follow him like lost puppy.

"Umm... I will order somethi--" he said turning to Mahi who was staring blankly on floor with tears in her eyes.

"Hey uum are you okay?" he ask with a tine of concern ambled in coldness.

"Why?... why my life has became like this? Every time I go outside always someone point gun at me. Am I an animal that everyone is hunting me? I m also a damn human!!" she shout out her pain.

Varun stare at her as his concern grew up. He hold her and made her sit on couch. Her tears starts flowing.

"A-Am I g-gonna d-die soon... Is t-this my f-fate?..  I have lost everyone in this world... I-I felt so alone, Varun t-this p-pain... this pain is killing me. T-This world...*crying* c-can't let me live peacefully." She burst out crying helplessly.

Seeing her this much disturbed his eyes soften. She was crying so hard that she couldn't able breath and pant heavily. He hug stroking her back.

"Don't say that. You have me... " he said in low voice enough to be heard by her.

"But in the end... you will also leave me." she said breaking the hug. Her world stabbed him.

"I won't" he stare in her eyes dead serious.

"You came in my life, I kept hating it, but you turn that hate in something else, something beautiful but still I keep denying it. I say to myself that I don't care about you but Mahi" he hold her hands and continue.

"Why I felt hurt when I see you with other men, when you laugh with them, talk with them. My heart want all those just for me... only me" he joined his forehead with her.

"I don't know what love is... neither these feelings, what I know is I want you hard with me and I.. m not planning to let you go in this life." he finally crashed his lips on her slowly.

It was filled with softness and affection for the first time. But on other hand her mind stopped working. The thing she was worried about, it happened

 He fall for her and even said he won't let her go. 

Mahi didn't replied the kiss as always, this made him a bit sad but he knows he had to take their fragile relationship slow.

He pulled out holding her cheeks but she was all frozen. He picked her up in bridle style and took to her room and place on bed softly.

He cover her with blanket immediately his eyes fall on her wrist which had red fingerprints due to office incident.

He sat beside her taking her hand in his and starts stroking her wrist and massage it. She just keep staring at him, a week ago the person who felt disgusted just by her presence is now caring for her sincerely.

"You wanna eat something?" he asked in soft voice. She shook her head as no.

"I m tired... I just wanna sleep." She said in a weak voice. He nod and help her to lay down. He left room after making her sleep.

Mahi wakeup and it was already evening. There were missed calls from Mr. Singh so she instantly call him back.

"Hello Uncle you called?"

"Yeah dear....L called you because we haven't get Kevin's location from 2 days... so be careful and tell if Varun got in further enquiry about your identity also I will be back soon" hearing his name her memory hit her like truck and didn't able to speak.

"Mahi MAHI" he said louder pulling her out of her dream "Are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah yes......*sigh* but.... What I was feared of, has happened... he has fallen for me." she said looking down.

"I knew it, you are such sweetheart why won't he fall for you. Isn't that great! your husband now loves you!" he cheered her.

"But I feel like... like I m using him.. hiding my reality, taking his advantage.

"Its not like what you are thinking Mahi, you both may hate each other but see didn't you cared for him... you make him food, took care of his things, wait for his safe return.. tell me is this not affection?"

"I... I don't know my own feelings. I don't want to play with his feeling." she back off.

"Then.. Don't play it... accept it, cherish it. Your work life is at one place but you have your rights to choose your love life... don't let it go so easily if you don't want to."  she just hummed.

"Take care dear and think about your heart.. What you want." He end the call and she released a big sigh.

She got up and went down to make dinner but her nose sense a delicious smell. She followed this heavenly smell call and end up in Kitchen seeing her husband preparing dishes. She look at him with confused eyes.

"Oh you got up I ordered chicken for us." he said with a smile.

"W-what's with that smile?" she pointing at his lips and his gaze turn serious making her take a back.

"I m happy today because I confessed my wife." he again had that smile which made her taking back again.

He amused at her reaction "Yah are you coming or want me to feed you?" he said teasing her.

"N-no no!! I can eat.. I will eat" They sit on chairs. She just stare at food with utensils in her hands.

"What happen? why are you not eating?" he asked her.

"I m sorry But... you didn't put poison in it right?" his eyebrow got up giving her questionable look.

"I mean this noon you confessed and maybe now you really didn't felt that you just said out of sympathy and the fact I can't forget your confession make you uncomfortable so you try t--

Varun got up from his seat and reach her side and shove a chicken piece in her mouth to shut her mouth. He sat beside her.

"What a ridiculous joke..... If I said I want you means I really can't live without you and If I say I love you means I really love you..." her eyes got widen.

"Yes Mahi I love you.. I was late to understand but It is true" he smile a little and shove a spoon of soup in her mouth.

I know it was sudden but I will give you time to get use to it... so just look for only me. I can't think of  you with someone else neither myself without you. It makes me insane.. you are mine understood." he said in calm but serious tone.

He kept on putting food in her mouth until it was full and she just keep nodding like obedient kiddo. He saw her big eyes, munching face and starts laughing.

"Wh.. what?..."she said while swallowing.

"You know sometimes you look like Baby polar bear." he said laughing hard.

"H-Hey that's mean~" she whined.

"But still hahaha you looks so adorable that time"  he said non stop laughing so she also starts laughing.

They both finish the dinner but Varun insist to wash dishes and send her to room for rest. After a while he also came and lay beside her. He soon drift to sleep but Mahi didn't.

She was debating herself to give this relationship a chance or not.

"You were so happy a while ago, I never saw you laughing this much... Is it because of me... am I that special for you?....World want me as Maria who can gave them profit but you accept me as Mahi who has nothing to give you.. I think Mr. Singh was right. I should cherish you

"I will give us a chance... Because I think I also... love you"