Chapter 28: First Love

Mahi opened her eyes saw the man crying on her hands. Even he did bad to her she remembered her Dad's words.

"U-Uncle please s-stop crying" she said in soft and horsy voice

"What happened then was not your fault, just... the fate was against us.... My father taught me  'We should forgive people who really regret their mistake because that guilt is enough punishment for them '. "

"I-I m not old enough but I understand your situation and I could see your effort to make thinks right... so I will forgive you. I can't see my bullet uncle crying...please" she passed a shaky smile at him.

"W-What y-you just c-called me" he asked surprisingly lifting his head and she chuckled

"Please call me that again daughter."

"Bullet Uncle" she said giving her brightest smile.

"You don't know how much I miss this and our happy days... after letting it out I feel live up again." he said with glossy eyes

"My only regret left is that I couldn't able to makeup for Varun."

"Don't worry Uncle he is with you." she said cheering him.

Varun saw them with watery eyes, he realize how mush his father was in pressure and worry everyday.

He always loved him but he was blind to see it. Even his father show no emotions but still he has heart where he treasure his beloved people more than his life.

Mahi calm down him by giving him medicine and made him sleep comfortably. As she came out of room her eyes meet Varun's glossy eyes.

As eyes locked, he wanted to comfort them but have no courage to start. She broke the tension between them and look away.

"I m going to doctor... look after him.. he has slept." She walk away after completing her sentence. 

Varun get in the room and keep thinking about everything he listen today.

Its now evening when Varun came out to find Mahi since she didn't returned.

He saw Mahi in canteen sitting on corner window table looking out blankly. He brought her a pastry and sat infront. She gave glance at him and then at pastry.

"Eat something... Did you had lunch?" she shake her head a bit as he asked.

"Then dig in I will bring some more." he stood up to order at counter.

"No... I m not much hungry, its enough" she stopped him.

He sat back and admire her eating.

"Don't stare me its uncomfortable to eat." she said coldly not looking in his eyes.

"I know now that you are Maria, I know you were hiding this from me because you were afraid that I will use you.... somewhere you were right, I want Maria for myself or kill her but I don't care for that anymore, I don't want anything from you nor I will kill you... I just want my Mahi by my side.." He said softly, holding her hand on table award to not scare her.

She stopped eating but didn't reply.

"Mahi please talk to me... I heard everything at cebine and I m so shameful and regret of what I did to you... You can give me any punishment for your satisfaction,... I m willing to do or leave anything to make 'US'  *referring Mahi and Himself*  back and make a Happy family... will you please forgive me my Love..." she still didn't replied.

"M-Mahi please talk to me I was carving for your honey voice from past 2 weeks... please say something..."

She put the spoon back and slowly pull her hand out of Varun's soft grip, resting back to chair and look at him.

"There is no 'US'..... I.... will never forgive you.... and about our HAPPY family..*bitter chuckle* I could never be happy with you..." she said with now emotion but her words already stabbing him.

He get on his knees beside her chair facing her legs. But she didn't give a single glance.

"I-I know I don't deserve you, I tore your heart and filled hater for me... but please just one... just one chance... I assure you, you won't be hurt again please Mahi.." he try to hold her hand.

"You think shedding some tears and saying emotional dialogs, you will get your forgiveness. What you did you don't even deserve to live Varun."

"I wanted to kill you but I m not heartless like you, I loved you, the day I accept you, gave 'US' chance I never wavered for anyone else, but still you never believed me."

"You were right, coming in you life was my Biggest Mistake..... Mr. Varun Singh I will make sure your guilt will kill you..." she declare yanking her hand and walk away.

Varun could only see her disappearing figure from his sight with wet eyes.

Next day

Mr. Singh was discharged. Mahi and Varun helped him to get to car. As father-son get in car they saw Mahi not entering car.

"Dear what happen are you not coming with us." Mr. Singh asked worriedly.

"No uncle... Its just... I  have an appointment to doctor in a couple of minutes." she answer.

"Then my man will help me to home, take Varun with you." he suggest. Her eyes met with him but she showed only coldness.

"Its ok you need him, I have already called Rena.. she will be in a minute." She refuse him.

"Ok Then we will take our leave, don't late hmm.." he said patting her head. She bid fare well to them and just after them Rena arrived and they went in.

After they reach Father's house, son helped him to went to his room. He laid him on bed and put blanket. One hours passed but Mahi wasn't back plus no calls.

So Varun dial her Number but she didn't picked. Again he dialed and after 3 rings the call was picked.

"Hello Mahi! are you alright, where are you?!" he boomed her with worried question.

"Wait wait Varun Its me Rena.. she is inside with doctor for some tests. Well... she told me to inform that she won't be home, she want some time alone as well away from here."

" So I m bring her with me to my hometown. Be assured of her safety you can count on me. She will be back on the day of meeting. Please pass it to Mr. Singh too." she answered

"O-Okay I understand...but listen take good care of her, don't let her starve, make sure she don't see TV late night and have tight sleep--" Varun worried like a mother.

"I know. I think you should hung up now, her phone's battery is low." she cut the call. 

He told it to Mr. Singh so he replied

"What I told must be hard on her... let her have some rest she worked a lot in past days, After Launch she will feel a bit relaxed maybe you can talk her then...." Varun just nod. He give his father the medication and make him rest.

Varun's POV

After dad slept. I went to Mahi's room. It had a big table in corner and papers were shattered on it. She must have done handwork.

I checked a file which was Meeting speech. I read it. It was so professional and affective.

I got her point that she want her invention to be used for welfare of poor people. She took all these problems for them to complete her father's wish.

My Mahi is so strong and kind hearted. And damn me I don't even deserve to be called a human. I m selfish, only think of me and myself. I did same with Dad and then Mahi.

Knowing you more make me realize how low-life I was living. I remembered Dad told in hospital we use to call each other Honey in childhood which bring weak smile on my face.

"So you were my first and only love from the very start...."