Chapter 23: Realization of Lose

Varun walk out with dizzy steps without blinking lashed even once. Prakash was waiting outside and spot him. He run to him and hold his shoulder before he collapse.

"VARUN!! hey, what happened? where is Mahi? Is she alright?" Prakash asked him.

"I-I hurt h-her....!!" he started sobbing.

He yank himself from his grip and run to car and drive him away. Prakash followed him with his car.

Varun drive like crazy, he broke all traffic lights and fasten the speed. Here Prakash keeping calling him to stop from behind but he didn't picked.

He called Mahi but she also didn't picked but then Mr. Singh picked it, so he asked what happened, he told him about night incident, he hung up and keep following him.

Prakash took the shortcut and stopped his car 500m away on Varun's way. His eyes were on Varun's car coming to him with full speed but he didn't move and block the way.

He came out of car and stood in center of road. As Varun was reaching closer, his eyes met Prakash's from glass but the speed didn't slowed.

The tension was clear between them. Prakash pull his hand in front and shook his head side to side signal him to stop.

They were too close now but then Varun's realization hit him and pulled the break instantly. The car skit and stop just 10 meter away from him.

He came out of car with stumbling step and fell on ground. Prakash run to hold him.

"I lost her.. I did big mistake... I can't show her my face... she-she said I only left disgust for her toward me..... brother its killing me" Varun cry in Prakash's arm.

The much he was feeling sad the same he as surprised. He saw him crying last time on his mother's funeral after that he never shed a single tear in all these years.

*Flashback*

It was Varun's Mother funeral and he was alone. His father was stuck in other country and couldn't able to attend it with him.

13 year's old Varun was hugging her mother's coffin with brimming eyes. His mother wished to say goodbye to them together, but his father was not there.

He thought his father don't love or care for them. He felt a small hand on his should but yanked it making the person fall.

He turned and saw Prakash same of his age. He thought he will also leave for pushing him but then Prakash hugged him. Varun try to push him away but he again hug him.

"I know what you feel.. your bestfriend understand" Prakash said hugging tighter.

Varun couldn't hold himself anymore. He hugged him back and cry loudly letting his sorrows out.

"P-Prakash she left me *crying* I lose my mom...I lose her!!" he fell on knees.

"She see you from there with my parents.. She will be with you..."Prakash keep hugging him, stroking his back and cry with him.

*Flashback end*

Today he again lose someone but his bestfriend was still here to comfort. A tear left his eyes as Varun cry harder, he stroke him like he comfort him 14 years ago.

"Shhh everything will be fine.. gather yourself Varun... lets go home." Prakash said wiping tear and making stand Varun.

They reached the his house and bring Varun to bed and make him sleep. He called Mahi 

"Hello Mahi this is Prakash"

"Y-Yeah Prakash *sniff* w-why did you called?" her voice was horsy.

"Mahi.. you cried?.."

"No no.. I..." she hide.

"Don't hide Mahi... Varun is also not in good state he... he was crying for you." as he said their was silence but sobs were audible form her sides. 

Mahi I wanna know something and I want to talk you about it... If your are free lets meet at Daily Café, day after tomorrow at 3 p.m." he said.

"If you want to talk about us then sorry I m interested." her faint voice replied.

"Alright I won't talk about you guys. I just want to know something I need your help...please." he insist. She agreed and cut the call.

He glance at Varun and whispered "Bro.. Why you did this to Mahi... like this you guys will only hurt each other."

After putting blanket on him and ordering some food, he leave the house.

At evening Varun walk up and saw a note on the nightstand.

"Hey! Bro go eat something from the fridge and don't do anything stupid. Be strong you have to win her back. She didn't left right now..."

He just stare at it and move to kitchen to eat something but as he saw Kitchen his moments with Mahi played on his mind.

He miss her presence already, her handmade food, he wants to backhug her, surprising her. He saw the thermos in which she made his favorite soup but he just waste her last cook for him.

He went to fridge and garbed an apple and went to sink to wash it. By mistake he pulled hot water making him pull back.

He remember that once he burnt her hand under that tap. He walk closer to sink and open the same tap. The steamed water was coming out.

He put his hand in running hot water. He keep staring at his hand which was burning. His eyes were letting out tears but his lips were poker.

Soon the warm water finished and cold water starts coming out suddenly making him hiss in pain. He turn the tap off and bring his burning hand near his face staring with watery eyes.

"Did I gave you this much of pain?..." he chucked bitterly and a tear left his eyes.

"I really don't deserve an angel like you" he wiped his tears and treat his wound and roughly wrap bandage around the hand.

He don't feel like eating anymore so he went to Mahi's room. The blood was no more as Prakash already asked someone to clean up.

Her room still had her scent infact her luggage was taken away. His eyes wonder around to room.

He went to her cupboard and his eyes fell on her wedding dress which was only thing left in it. He pulled it out and admire it sitting on bed.

"That day... you were really beautiful... I wish that day could came again and I could tell you by myself how pretty you were looking, I would have never let go of that kiss." he said laying on bed.

"I ruined you beauty.. I ruined us. I m s-sorry.. I m really sorry  Mahi please comeback I can't live like this..."he starts sobbing curling in ball and drift again hugging the dress.

 "This guilt is piercing my heart......"

.

.--------------------------------------------

please follow my account I really need support and don't forget vote if you like it😊