Chapter 30: Their Little One

Officers put handcuff taking his hand back and drag him to police car.

"If I complete my punishment fairly then will you give me a second chance?..." he asked before getting in car but Mahi again didn't reply.

They get in car and drove off. Everyone looked at her and now she was one shedding tears and breathing heavily. Rena hug her and she starts crying loudly.

Prakash put hand on her shoulder and Mr. Singh sighed sadly as he can't say anything between them anymore.

She keep sobbing looking outside during whole drive. After they reached she stopped cry and excused herself as she was really tired and wanted to sleep to forget her pain for sometime. As she went upstairs they all sighed. Prakash and Rena also leave.

In evening she woke up with a heavy head. She fresh up and got out. She saw Mr. Singh working in kitchen.

"Uncle please let me... btw where are maids?" she said walking to him.

"Oh no no let me show you my hand's coffee.. and today I gave leave to cooks, I thought that after launch we will celebrate out but....well lets leave it, wait at balcony I will bring coffee for you.." he said getting back to work and she move out. 

She stand on balcony admiring the city view as winds were hitting her face. After a couple of minute Mr. Singh came with two mugs in his hand and pass one to Mahi. They drink it quietly as the atmosphere was quit but Mr. Singh had a curiosity under his silent face.

"You must be wondering why I ask for divorce suddenly, right?" Mahi broke the silence looking at front.

 "I admit after what he did to you, you did right but just its... its hard to accept.." he said also looking at view. She sigh.

"He said he wanted to start again with me but....... "she had a small smile on her lips.

"you know Uncle.. you are going to be a grandfather" her words made him turn his head to her 

"Yes I m 15 weeks pregnant with his son." she stroke her stomach.

"W-WHAT!! OH MY GOD I m going to be grandfather!! Oh my god Mahi!! Thank you so much!! We should tell everyone!! Lets inform Varun he will be very happy." He grab his phone to dial at police station but Mahi stopped him.

Mr. Singh frown as she shake her head in denial slowly.

"Mahi I understand your anger towards him but this is too hard on him, he has the right to know about his child!"

"Uncle please don't tell him" she plead.

"No Mahi I will not listen you this time I m going to tel--"

"I ALREADY LOST THE DAUGHTER BECAUSE OF HIM!!" she shout falling down.

"W-What do you mean?...." he asked in panic after witnessing her state.

"I-I was pregnant with twins, but wasn't aware of it and that night Varun assault me hitting my stomach.... which lead me having pain even I didn't eat much. When you were admitted, that doctor suggest some test to me." 

"The day we talked of my past after that I went to same doctor and he told me about my twin pregnancy, I was so happy like on cloud 9 but his next word sunk my heart. He told one baby is too weak and having no movement, the baby in front was injured, they have to do urgent operation."
" I wanted to tell you everything but what wasn't clear me was how it got injured... while thing I remember that night I split blood when he kicked and also vomit red in toilet.... those scenes just caught me off guard."