Chapter 32: The Accident

He came out of his world as a badminton cork hit his head. He hiss and rub his head looking at two small boys holding badminton bats. He look at them as they looks quit scared so he just sigh and pick up the cork. One of them came to him and ask for cork back.

"Is this yours?" Varun asked to that boy.

"No its my friend's. we were playing together. we are sorry for hitting you.. we didn't mean too" the boy said bowing his head. Varun look at him with soft smile.

"You are so well mannered kid... here... What's your name?" he asked giving the cork back.

"Vansh Singh!!" the boy replied as his friend also reached them.

"Vansh our mother is calling lets go.." the another boy said and Vansh took his bat then turn to him.

"Uncle you looked sad... don't worry I will ask mummy to make thiiiis many Kaju Katlis for you then you will be thiiiiis much happy." Vansh said raising his hand wide. Varun chuckled at his cuteness.

"Why you think your mother's Kaju katlis can make me happy this much." Varun ask him pinching his cheeks.

"Because they are magical and my favorite hihi.... but then in return you have to share them with me too" he whispered and pout. This made him remembered how only Mahi dared to pout at him back then. He laughed not able to take his cute attack.

"Oh ghosh my heart!... who taught you pout this cutely little boy."

"Hihi its in my blood.. my mummy also pout when I don't listen her." Vansh replied giggling.

"Why?... you should listen your mom dad.."

"I do but sometimes I skip hihi.... By the way I don't have father, I only have my mamma who is my life. She loves me and I love here double." he said with a smile but his words somewhere make Varun's heart wave.

"Its getting late you should go home kid and never disobey your mother ok.." he stand up ruffling his hair. They both laughed and then they heard someone calling Vansh from behind.

"MAMMA I M HERE!!" Vansh replied to the voice and Varun look at the person. As soon as their eyes stuck both sides froze. For them the world was stopped. Just he and her.

"M-Mahi. . . ." he whispered.

"huh?.. you know my mamma Uncle?" Vansh look at Varun and then Mahi but by his surprise both the adults were having tears in their eyes.

Suddenly Mahi run to her son picking him up taking some step away. Varun noticed her body was shivering and this broke him in millions.

"Mahi... its me your Varun..."

"W-Why are you here?! how... how do you know we are here?.." she said taking more steps back.

"Dad told me..." he look down.

"W-wha.... uncle really broke his promise at last I--"

"He told me on his last day.." he now looked in her eyes.

"W-what?" she was beyond shock.

"D-Dad is no more Mahi..... He is no more with us..." as he speak Mahi lost her words she just look at him and then at Vansh who was looking at both of them. She don't know what to do or say.

"That's why he didn't called from past days... You must have already done with his funeral, did you?"

"Y-Yes I m sorry... and I came here to take you back." he take step at her.

"If its like that then there is no reason to go with you" she said and turn to leave but 

"He..IS OUR SON.... r-right M-Mahi?" Varun shout.

"No... not at all... he has nothing to do with you, stay away from him and me." She replied sternly not looking back.

"Mahi don't say this please comeback I m suffering everyday, I m sorry for every hurt I did to you.. In these years I change myself to better of what you deserve, to a person you can trust, you can love without a hurt" he try hold her hand.

"I TOLD YOU TO STOP BOTHERING US!"  She shout yanking her hand and starts walking. But his next word stop her.

"If you run away today I will found you tomorrow, I will never give up till my last breath.. Vansh is my son too If you make me away from him don't forget even we are divorced I can still apply for my son's custody... then you will have no choice " Varun try to convince her but he will never snatch her son away.

"W-What did you say?" she faced him with a bitter chuckle which make him frown "You.. came all along just to snatch him from me?.... don't you?!"

"I didn't mea--" as he was afraid she took it wrong.

"Four years ago you snatch my daughter form me now you want to away me from my son too how can you be so heartless VARUN!!!" she loose control on her pain she was holding all these years.

"Daughter ?.. we--" he got confused on what she was referring.

"YES!!... yes... Vansh's twin sister who loose her life because of your foolish act." she told him everything happened that night and at hospital. Listening her he lost his tongue.

" That innocent baby can't even able to came in this world, she can't even able to see her mother nor his brother with whom she was to grownup together, preparing to enjoy this world together but who knows her own father will kill her in sleep!! you know after surgery I-I asked doctor to let me see her last time as a mother even she is not anymore.."

"sh-she was lying lifeless on cart all covered with white bandage, I can't even able to see her face and you know what you should at my place to see her dead face. You deserve to have that breakdown which I go through all that time.... "

"I-I d-d-aughter.... I killed my o-own child." he shutter as he can't processes what life was playing with him.

"Uncle must had not told you otherwise you wont be this shameless to even show your face and moreover ask me to come back!!!... go away, every time I see you I remember that innocent lifeless body even its been 4 years but this mother heart still heart like hell!! I join my hands, I beg you please... please leave us I have suffered enough and now I want to live peacefully with my son I can't bring him in your world... " she finished and lift Vansh in her hand and left the Varun completely blank.

"I-I killed my daughter I... I m a m-monster I..." Varun collapsed out of control. Mahi's words were hitting him like truck one by one continuously.

His body became numb tears all over the cheeks flowing continuously but his hand couldn't able to lift anymore to wipe them.

He saw his family run away from him, ever second was taking his breath. His eyes saw Mahi and Vansh crossing footpath but a car was coming at a high speed seems like the driver was drunk. Before thinking twice he run towards them.

Just before the car could hit them they were pushed forward and fell on the other side. As Mahi lift her head to found Vansh, he was seeing the man who pushed them is lying in front of car. She turned to her back and saw Varun struggling to breath.

Yes Varun saved them but got hit by that car. The drive get out and ran away as the crowd noticed the accident. Mahi crawled to him and took his head in her lap.

"V-Varun get up.. don't scare me.. look at me!!."  She was crying mess.

"Somebody CALL THE AMBULANCE!! "