𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝙳𝚊𝚢

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅
𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝙳𝚊𝚢

"Seriously? Your psychotic mother is after you all and you're hanging Christmas decorations?" Delilah asked Rebekah who was hanging a wreath on the front door.

"What? Don't be a buzzkill." Rebekah teased, making Delilah roll her eyes before they both went inside where Elijah was standing. "Well, isn't this rather nice? Nik must have a compelled wine lover to keep it up because I found a 2005 bordeaux. Fancy a sip?"

"I would." Delilah said.

"I appreciate the sentiment, Rebekah, but I do recognise when I am being handled with kid gloves." Elijah said.

"How are you feeling?" Delilah asked.

"Patronised." Elijah said. "I am here to protect you and Rebekah."

"I know you mean to, Elijah." Rebekah said.

"And yet, you found it necessary to render me unconscious before bringing me here." Elijah said.

"I told you he'd be offended." Delilah said to Rebekah, making her roll her eyes.

"He wasn't himself." Rebekah said. "I had to get us out of that diner. What happened back there, Elijah?"

"I don't know." Elijah said. "Niklaus sent me to protect Hope. My job is to keep her safe."

"Let's go outside. It's way too stuffy in here." Delilah said. Everyone went outside. Hope was in a baby carrier, sitting with Elijah and Delilah. Rebekah was gathering wood.

"You know she won't break." Delilah said to Elijah who was playing with Hope's hand. "You can hold her. Everything you did was in the name of protecting her. We're not worried."

Elijah smiled and picked Hope up in his arms. "She's so light." Elijah said, making Delilah laugh.

"Trust me, that was what I said too." Delilah laughed before they both looked at Rebekah.

"Is that what I think it is?" Elijah asked.

"It's bonfire season, and I am reviving a family tradition, especially since we are all going to be together." Rebekah said. "Before, only Lilah and I did it. Now, we all can."

"Only because we're fleeing from one of our deranged parents, another Mikaelson family tradition." Elijah said, making Delilah laugh.

"How lovely." She joked.

"It's a peculiar thing, never to be tired yet forever exhausted by the sameness of things." Elijah said as they went to stand with Rebekah. Delilah smiled and played with Hope's little hand. "Why is our family always at war?"