𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚂𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅
𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚂𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐

Lucien led Delilah and Klaus up to his penthouse. Of course, he had a penthouse. As they exited the elevator, they could hear the sound of faint music.

"Please excuse the mess. I've been entertaining." Lucien said before opening the doors, revealing a bunch of people, ranging from humans to vampires.

"Well, you never were one for subtlety." Klaus said.

"Clearly." Delilah said as she looked around. "Nice place."

"I see you have a fine appreciation for architectural interior design." Lucien said.

"All the more reason to call me." Delilah smirked, making Klaus wrap a protective arm around her waist, making her gasp.

"I don't think so, love." Klaus whispered in her ear, making her heart pound. Delilah turned her head to look at Klaus, her blue/grey eyes meeting his baby blues, only intensifying the pounding of her heart.

"This way." Lucien said, making Delilah break out of her trance. Lucien led Klaus and Delilah to a room away from the party. Klaus still had his arm wrapped around Delilah's waist. They walked inside and saw a bunch of candles lit on a table in a bedroom.

"You brought me here to have a séance?" Klaus asked.

"Something like that." Lucien said as he closed the door. "I present my personal forecaster, the lovely Alexis." He said as a woman came into view.

"Don't tell me you're here to scry some future portents of my doom." Klaus said.

"Yeah, what is this?" Delilah asked, leaning her head back against Klaus' shoulder. She couldn't help it. He was holding onto her and he was very warm. It felt all too natural.

"Alexis is no back-alley palm reader. She's an expert cipher of patterns, trend, cycles. She's extraordinary on the stock market and never fails to guess the winner of the bachelorette." Lucien said as Alexis began running her hand up and down Klaus' chest before resting her hand on it, making Delilah growl.

"A touch forward, isn't she?" Klaus asked.

"Do you mind?" Delilah growled as she showed her vampire face.

"Calm down, love. She's just doing her job." Lucien said.

"I've heard so much about you, the famous hybrid. Your ancient heart beats strong indeed for someone in such danger." Alexis said.

"If you have a warning to deliver, love, best get on with it." Klaus said as Delilah removed Alexis' hand off Klaus.

"By all means but if you want the most from the experience, I suggest you feed on me." Alexis said.

"He won't have to because I will." Delilah growled, about to pounce on her when Klaus held her back.

"It's okay, love." Klaus said as he held Delilah by her waist. Just to reassure her, he left a small kiss on her ear, making her gasp and relax in his arms before he let go. Delilah turned around to face him, seeing him smiling at her, the rapid pounding of her heart returning. "She knows what she's doing, okay?"

Delilah sighed and nodded. "When he feeds on me, I can allow him into my mind. He can see for himself." Alexis said as she exposed her neck, making Delilah glare daggers into her before Klaus started feeding on her. "Drink deep, but beware. What you broke is past repair. All the oaths you betray. You scared vows you sever, and now you see that nothing lasts for always and forever. Three yet remain, two already crossed, yet in one year's time, you'll all be lost. As your family is undone, you will see the beast that is to come."

"Oh, do you think you can fool me with bad poetry and parlour tricks?" Klaus growled when he pulled away, holding Alexis by her neck.

"My visions are conjured from you." Alexis said. "The threat you face will be clearer the longer I'm in your presence. Kill me, you'll never see what's coming."

"Leave her, Niklaus." Delilah said. "If whatever she's saying is true, we need her." Klaus growled and let her go. "That doesn't mean I still won't feed on you so leave." She said, making Alexis leave.

"Possessive much?" Lucien asked Delilah as Klaus looked at her, curious to hear her response.

"I'm simply protecting the original hybrid from the threat he now faces, even if it is as small as a whore of a witch." Delilah said, making Klaus smile at her. It was clear to him that she was very jealous, and he found that adorable.

"Anyways, I told you. Something is coming. You'll need me. Delilah, you should be worried too. Something could happen to Rebekah and if it does, you'll be dead with her." Lucien said.

Klaus growled and threw Lucien against the wall. "I am Klaus Mikaelson! I don't need anyone, nor will I be warned by lesser men! I am the thing that lesser men fear." The fact that Lucien kept going on about being killed didn't anger Klaus. It was the fact that he was now suggesting Delilah could die and he wouldn't ever allow that to happen. The mere mention of Delilah's death angered Klaus to his core.

"Niklaus! Behave." Delilah said, pulling him away from Lucien.

"Then act like it. Instead of doting on your vampire girlfriend and pouting about your family's disapproval." Lucien said. "Yes, you are Klaus Mikaelson! You are the most ruthless, wicked beast to ever live. I came here to remind you of that because, quite frankly, I've been worried that you've lost a step."

"I need no reminding of who I am. That truth has been clear to me for a thousand years." Klaus said.

"And in those years, you've acquired countless enemies and with the sire lines at war, you now have mine as well." Lucien said. "Anyone who would kill me could now come after you and since I have so many rivals and because I do not want to die, I beg you, let me help you. From now on, I am the only one you can trust."

"I don't trust anyone." Klaus said.

"Klaus, we probably need his help." Delilah said.

"Why do you keep agreeing with him? How do I know you're not aligned with him? Huh? All the flirting in front of me? It's clear you've already moved on from me!" Klaus exclaimed.

"Are you being serious?! I just met him today! All the flirting was just to piss you off! Even after everything you've done, you carry on being a paranoid and heartless disappointment to everyone you run into!" Delilah exclaimed before feeling her heart sink when she saw Klaus' reaction. She wasn't meant to say that. "No, I didn't mean that. I'm so sorry."

"You've said what you've needed to say." Klaus said.

"No wait-" Delilah said but Klaus was already gone.

"You messed up." Lucien said.

"You think I don't see that Lucien?!" Delilah exclaimed in frustration. "I gotta go."