I Demand An Explanation!

"Come on Lauren just tell me what happened!" He complained.

"It wasn't much a woman saw my gun that I had layed on the counter after I cleaned it off and she screamed.  I quickly hid it told her she was hallucinating and that she should tell a doctor. Then I bolted." I quickly explained casualy moving my hand around in attempt to semi show what I was saying with one hand as I talked.

"SHE WHAT!?" Shane yelled.

"Calm down. Gosh. It's not that bad." I said in attempt to calm him down.

"NOT THAT BAD!? WE COULD GO TO JAIL LAUREN!" He shouted unwilling to calm down.

"Stop shouting before I shove my fist down your throat Shane." I warned in an annoyed voice.

"Fine. But if you go to jail, I don't know you. And I'm not bailing you out."  He said hotly.

"Oh don't get mad. We're not going to jail." I lied. Well if i say we are going to jail then he'll freak out and start yelling and shouting. I thought.

"Yeah sure. You're just saying that to calm me down." He muttered placing his elbow on the arm rest and resting his chin on his hand while looking out the window.

$#$ Magical Time Skip! $#$

A few hours later I heard a police car and cursed finding a road that branched off the highway and drove down it turning onto a dirt road that led into a forest.

"Was that a police car!?" Shane asked in a panicky voice.

"Yeah but they weren't after us."

"If they weren't after us then why did you curse?" Shane asked raising an eyebrow.

"Reasons." I replied.

"Oh don't be bull headed-"

"Just shut up and let me drive. I haven't been on this road since-" I paused. The memory made me feel queasy.

"Since we dated." Shane finished.

"Yeah." I said in a small voice.

"Me neither." He added.

"Do you remember how we got to the lake from my house?" I asked still a little weary.

"Um... I think. C-can I come up front and help?" He asked.

"Uh... yeah sure." I parked the car and waited while Shane opened the door and slipped into the passenger seat closing the door. I started the car then started driving up the path toward the lake.

"So... you gonna say anything or just sit there in silence?" I asked him.

"Oh... hey, I have a question." He said still starring at the dirt path.

"Um... okay. What is it?" I responded.

"Why... uh... why did you break up with me?" He asked. I sighed.

"Because... my parents..." My eyes brimmed with tears. "They forced me to. Be-before they left." I explained. Okay let me explain. My parents left me at home when I was 17, alone. Noone to care for me. I didn't even have a job! They just left not even a note or a warning.  Their room was empty other than the furniture and I waited. For three weeks. But they never came back. Seven years later I have a degree in music and I'm murdering people for money.

"Oh. I-I was mad for so long. I'm sorry. Why didn't you ever tell me they left? Or tell me they forced you to break up with me?"

"I... I don't know. I was so messed up I didn't know what to do." I explained wiping away my tears. Just then the car slowed down and stopped moving. We were about two hours into the forest and twenty minutes away from the lake. From the lake it was four hours to my house.

"No... oh gosh please no. Ugh we're out of gas!" I yelled in an exasperated voice.

"We're what!?" Shane all but yelled. I smacked my forehead and cursed.

"I forgot to refill the car! Ugh I'm such an idiot!" I layed back in the seat and slapped my head.

"Lauren it's okay there's a cabin up ahead remember?  The cabin by the lake?" He reassured me.

"Yeah... it's getting dark though so we should hurry. We can leave the car here. And find gas in the morning." I said opening the door and hopping out. Shane got out after me holding the keys to the car. He tossed them to me and I remembered my bag and quickly pulled it out and locked the car slinging the bag over my shoulder.

"Well, let's go." I said and started walking.

)^( 20 Minutes Later )^(

When we made it to the cabin it was starting to get really dark. We rushed inside and lit a candle with a box of matches next to it. I quickly lit it and put down my bag and looked around. It had a sink, table two chairs and a couch. No other rooms. That was it.

"Oh yeah... you have to go to the bathroom in the woods... that was one of the bad things about this cabin. And it didn't have any food." I recalled.

"Yeah... you want me to sleep on the floor?" Shane asked.

"Um... it's fine. I guess we can... share the couch. Just don't tell your girlfriend." I replied. He laughed and limped over to the couch.

"Actually... I don't have a girlfriend." He replied.

"What? Guy like you doesn't have a girlfriend?"

"Yeah... never found another girl really."

"What? Seven years with no girlfriend?!" I asked in a surprised voice.

"Yeah. Guess I never really got over you." He said scratching his head.

"Oh." I said in a small voice, "Sorry about that."

"It's okay." He replied.

"Okay... well, moving on. I'm tired and I'm gonna crash so if you wouldn't mind, I have clothes in my bag I'm gonna change into them so just... look away." He nodded and turned around and looked at the floor. I pulled out my jeans and a t-shirt and changed into them

"Okay, I'm done you can look now." I said when I was done. He turned around and sat down on the couch. I walked over and sat beside him.

"Is it okay if I lean on you?" I asked.

"Yeah sure." He replied as I layed my head on his lap and kicked my legs up on the couch.

Okay guys,  I'm SO sorry that took so long to add! But I started it and then forgot about it! So anyway, I hope you liked that! Please two votes and... five nice coments? I don't care if they're all from the same person. XD that's probably going to happen but whatever. Anyway I'm gonna go. Go ahead and leave some ideas in comments for my story! Write what you think might happen! You can even make some characters! I might add them! Okay well I'm gonna go now. Bye!