Chapter 21

Haeyoung's POV

When I finally came to, I all too quickly recognized where I was. If Hoseok had wanted to take me somewhere no one would think to look for me, why would he take me to his apartment?

I was tied up to one of the bed posts, trying to free my hands even though I knew I wasn't getting out of this. There was a gag in my mouth, most likely to keep me from screaming.

"You're awake,"

I glared up toward the entryway of his bedroom to see him standing there with a soft smile. He moved to kneel in front of me, pushing a strand of my hair behind my ear as I flinched away from his touch.

"I didn't want to have to take such drastic measures, but knowing the reaction I'll get out of that pig you've been seeing just made it a bit better," he whispered with a chuckle, making my eyes widen with worry. "Oh don't give me that expression, my love. You should have known this wasn't just about you. I can't have you all to myself when he's still in the picture. And he'll walk right into my trap."

I was trying to speak even with the gag in my mouth, and Hoseok sighed as he reached up and pulled it out of my mouth. I took in a few deep breaths before glaring back up at him.

"Why can't you just let me go?" I questioned softly, seeing his eyes change at the sound of my voice. "I don't want you anymore, I don't care what crappy excuse you have for cheating on me, you still did it. There's no coming back from that."

"I did not cheat on you, Haeyoung. I told you there was a complication--"

"A complication?! Do you call leading another girl on for her money a complication?! No, Hoseok, that's what's called a coward," I spat at him, watching him flinch a little. "I gave you way too many chances. You cheated on me multiple times and every time I came back to you. Not this time. Not ever."

"You don't mean that," he mumbled under his breath as he looked up to meet my eyes. He leaned in closer to me, and I ignored my heartbeat quickening. "When you look at me when I'm this close to you, your heart knows what it wants, and it's not that idiot you've been wasting your time on."

I swallowed hard again as he leaned in a bit closer, his lips just inches from mine. I felt dizzy suddenly, trying to keep my eyes focused on the space between his eyes. "Just give up, baby girl. At the end of the day, we were made for each other. He can't give you half of what I have. I think you know that, too."

Just as he moved in to kiss me I turned my head away so his lips brushed my cheek. He just chuckled as he got to his feet, pulling the gag back up into my mouth.

"He'll be here in a few hours," he said as he turned to leave the room, stopping in the entryway again and glancing at me from over his shoulder. "Make sure you say goodbye because he won't be walking back out of here alive."

My heart dropped as he laughed to himself and left the room, leaving me there to panic and pray to god that Jungkook wouldn't be stupid enough to fall for such a cheap trap like this.

I started to try and rub whatever fabric was tied around my wrists against the bedpost to cause some friction, hoping eventually it would rip apart.

It would take hours but I needed to try.

Jungkook, please don't come here.

***

Jungkook's POV

"Fuck where is she?!"

I slammed my fist into the wall of my cave, ignoring the excruciating pain that soon followed. Yoongi was pacing near the entrance, glancing out into the opening occasionally to see if she was coming.