Chapter 28

Jungkook's POV

It was nerve wracking.

I hated places with a ton of people and this hospital was no exception. I avoided places like this.

Thankfully, since I started therapy with the new therapist the voices have been less active. So even though I was anxious being around so many people the voices weren't driving me insane.

I was mostly just worried about Yoongi. The whole situation made no sense. What could have possibly driven Haeyoung to stab him?

I couldn't even think about her without feeling a dangerous amount of anger. I couldn't be around her, not for a while. I needed time to calm down before facing her.

The doors opened and I turned around to see a doctor approaching me. "You're the one who came here with him, right?"

"Uh, y-yeah."

"We normally don't release information to those who aren't immediate family but...we can't get in contact with his family. But, the wound your friend suffered was pretty serious and he lost a lot of blood," the doctor said as I chewed on my nails anxiously waiting for him to finish and tell me Yoongi was fine. "By some unknown miracle, we managed to stabilize him. He's gonna be fine."

I breathed a sigh of relief, collapsing to my knees in front of him. I felt him rest his hand on my shoulder and looked up at him. "I'm not a cop, but I have to ask. Do you...happen to know who did that to him?"

I tensed up, swallowing hard as I shook my head. Judging by his expression I knew he knew I was lying but he thankfully didn't ask any other questions. He sighed heavily as he gestured to the door behind him. "He's heavily sedated but I can take you to him, if you want."

"Yes, please."

I followed the doctor through the long hallways and past other rooms with injured patients before stopping in front of a room with the door closed. He gestured to the door, and I nodded as I pushed it open and stepped inside.

I felt myself smile as I saw he was sleeping, making my way to his side and grabbing his hand in mine. His eyelids fluttered and his eyes opened just a little as he slowly turned to look at me. His eyebrows furrowed as he opened his mouth. "Jungkook?"

"Hey, Yoongs. Are you in any pain? They said they have you on some pretty heavy stuff so..."

"Where...is she?"

I was hoping he wouldn't ask, but I also expected him to. I swallowed hard as I shrugged my shoulders. He tried to sit up but I reached out and stopped him. "You'll rip open your stitches if you do that. The doctor said you're lucky to be alive."

"She...tried to kill me. That...crazy...bitch," Yoongi struggled to say through clenched teeth as he glared over at me. He pointed at me before pointing at his stomach. "Jungkook, Haeyoung...did this...to me."

"I...I know," I groaned as I pressed my face into my hands. I knew what I needed to do but the real question was could I handle being without her? "What am I supposed to do?"

"You...already have...that answer," Yoongi responded as I nodded my head. Breaking up with Haeyoung and turning her in to the police was probably what Yoongi wanted me to do. But I just couldn't do that. "Jungkook...this isn't about you...anymore."

I sighed heavily, massaging my temples. "Will I be okay without her?"

I felt him rest his hand on my leg and I opened my eyes to look at him. "You've been without her...all these years, right? You have...me, and you have...your sister. If you...leave Haeyoung...I will let you...see her."

My eyes widened at that, unsure if he was telling the truth or just spewing nonsense just to get me to leave Haeyoung. I hadn't seen my sister for a very long time, and I desperately wanted to see her.

"Okay...I'll leave her. But, I can't do it now. I'm worried I'll hurt her if I see her now. I need a few days," I said as Yoongi sighed in relief. I leaned back in the chair I was sitting in, pursing my lips. "You better not be lying to me, Yoongi."

"I...wouldn't lie to you. Not...about her."

3 days later

I was standing at the end of Haeyoung's driveway, my hands shoved inside my pockets as I waited for her to come outside. I had rehearsed how I would do this, but I was worried I wouldn't be able to actually do it when I saw her in front of me.

I heard the door to her house open, and I lifted my head to see her making her way towards me with a big smile. I let her wrap her arms around me, not moving to return her embrace. "I knew you would come around."

"Haeyoung, we need to talk."

"I'm sorry about Yoongi, baby, I really am. I really didn't mean to hurt him, but can you blame me?" She questioned as she leaned back to look into my eyes, reaching up and resting one of her hands on my cheek. "He was keeping us apart. You would have done the same thing if it was me."

"No, I actually wouldn't have. What is wrong with you? I mean what possessed you to stab my best friend? He almost died, Haeyoung. Doesn't that bother you?" I asked her as I pulled away from her one-sided embrace. She thought about it for a moment before shrugging her shoulders. She really didn't care that she almost killed him. "So you just don't care? I don't even know who you are anymore."

She started shaking her head as she reached out to me again, but I stepped away. "Don't touch me. This is already difficult enough for me, don't make it harder."

"Make what difficult? You...aren't leaving me, are you?"

"What else am I supposed to do?! It's like nothing I say gets through to you! You killed your ex and almost killed my best friend! What happened to my sweet Haeyoung who found comfort in my embrace? I'm sorry but I can't do it anymore, we're done," I said as I moved to climb onto my bike. I groaned when she grabbed onto my arm, looking over at her to see the tears in her eyes. "Haeyoung let go of me."

"No. I won't let you leave me, Jungkook. Couples don't just walk away when things get tough, they stay together and work through their issues," she said as her grip on my arm tightened. "Don't be a coward and walk away."

"I'm not being a coward. I did this to you, and I'm sorry. But you need help, and I'm not the one who can give you the help you need. It's over. Now, let go of me please."

To my surprise she did let go, but when she lifted her head the look in her eyes sent a chill down my spine. "Fine. But you'll regret this. Believe me."

And with that she turned around and walked back up her driveway. I swallowed hard, shaking my head as I put my helmet back on my head.

Breaking up with Haeyoung would turn out to be one of the worst mistakes I had ever made.