Chapter 2

"You want me to go with Taehyung?"

I arched an eyebrow in suspicion as Namjoon was pressing the keys to his car into the palm of my hand. Jin was sitting on the couch a few feet away, watching us impatiently.

"Yeah, just this once," Namjoon suggested as I heard Taehyung stomp down the stairs. "I have some things I need to take care of here."

I wasn't stupid, and Namjoon knew that. Which was why his neck was turning pink and he cleared his throat.

"Sure, I'll take Taehyung to his group meeting so you two can fu--"

"Haeyoung!" Jin and Namjoon both hissed as Taehyung snickered from across the room. I smirked, patting my brother's now red cheek as I walked towards the door.

"Don't break anything," I winked as Taehyung and I ducked out of the house. He climbed into the passenger seat and I got in the driver's seat.

I drove to his therapy building, parked the car, and got out. He followed me silently, keeping his hands clasped together.

"Why are you suddenly so quiet?" I questioned, making him jump slightly. He cleared his throat, looking over at me.

"W-Well it's just that I don't know if they're gonna like you," he mumbled softly as we opened the doors. "We don't have any female members so..."

"Ah, Taehyung's here!"

I immediately recognized the voice and whipped around to meet the eyes of the boy who was just as shocked as I was. "Jimin?!"

"H-Haeyoung?" Jimin stuttered, rubbing the back of his neck in confusion. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm Taehyung's sister. I'm taking my brother's place as his driver, so I'm sitting in today," I responded quickly. "This is...awkward."

Jimin laughed suddenly, only adding to the awkward tension in the air. Jimin was Riley's infamous ex. And considering he wasn't with Riley at the moment...

Yeah. Awkward.

I cleared my throat and tugged Taehyung along, Jimin following close behind us. There was a table in the room we entered, already mostly full of a bunch of teens around Taehyung's age.

As I quickly scanned the room, a pair of eyes caught my attention as I sat down. His eyes were round, wide, and basically black. He had long hair that was covered by a black hoodie, and he reached up his hand to brush it back from his face.

We never broke eye contact.

"Oh, he's a meanie," Taehyung whispered almost inaudibly in my ear as I finally broke eye contact. "His name is Kookie, he doesn't talk very much but when he does he never says anything nice."

"Why?" I questioned softly, glancing back over at the boy who was still staring at me. "Why is he staring at me?"

"It's probably because we don't have female members, so he doesn't know who you are," Taehyung whispered back, glancing at Kookie for a moment. "He's never really said anything nice since he enrolled a few months ago. Namjoon doesn't like him."

I hummed in response as someone began talking, drawing Taehyung's attention away from me. I stared into Kookie's eyes which were still staring into mine. It felt like he was looking into my soul, and even farther than that.

He smirked suddenly and began softly drumming his fingers on the table, still not looking away from me. I rested my head in the palm of my hand as I tuned out whatever conversation was currently happening.

I didn't understand why, but I felt like I was entranced. His eyes were so dark and captivating that I could stare into them for hours on end. But, I was also getting very dark vibes from him, dangerously dark vibes.