Chapter 25

Haeyoung's POV

It's been a few weeks now.

Jungkook still hasn't woken up, and I've visited the hospital every day since he's been there.

As for Hoseok, my plan worked out exactly as I thought. Hospitals had heard word of my immunity to the posion and all wanted samples of my blood for a decent price.

I only agreed to a few, since I actually needed to keep some of the blood in my body instead of giving it all away.

I was sitting Jungkook's room, holding his hand tightly in mine as I used my other hand to scroll through my social media. The girls had been checking in on me every day hoping to hear updates about him, but everyday I gave them the same answer.

"Riley says hi. All the girls say hi and hope you get better soon," I turned to look at his sleeping face and felt myself smile a bit. However the smile faded as I sighed heavily. "I miss you, dummy. I need you to wake up, okay?"

I heard a light knock on the door and turned around to see Yoongi pop his head into the room. When he saw it was just me, he exhaled sharply and made his way to sit in the other chair on the other side of Jungkook.

"I don't know how much longer I can do this for," I mumbled as he reached out to fix Jungkook's hair. He sighed as he glanced over to meet my eyes, nodding his head in agreement. "I've been on this roller coaster with him for too long for him to be like this."

"I don't mean this in a mean way, so I'm sorry if I sound like an asshole but he's in this state because of you. Because of your psycho ex boyfriend," Yoongi said honestly, and I chewed on the inside of my cheek because I knew he was right. "None of this would have happened to him had you not come into his life. You have demons hiding in your shadows that he can't protect you from."

"Yoongi—"

"You know I'm right," he cut me off, and I just sighed again, deciding to let him finish talking before I said my side. "I know you aren't completely to blame because I know how he gets. But you need to put your foot down."

"You've seen it with your own eyes. Even if I leave him, he'll lose it again. Yeah maybe it's toxic and maybe I'm not trying hard enough to push him away but if being with me keeps him sane, isn't that enough?" I asked, looking back at Jungkook as Yoongi sighed. "I don't want him to continue getting hurt like this but he won't stay away. And personally, I don't want to let him go. Maybe that is selfish of me, but I don't care."

"I guess that's why he likes you. You remind him of himself in that sense. I'm glad he has someone to take care of him but you're gonna get him killed if you keep letting him throw himself in front of bullets for you. Your demons are yours to face alone, they aren't his. He has his own demons to deal with," I reached out to touch Jungkook's face, running my fingers across his cheekbones.

I swore at that moment I say his eyelids flutter and I frowned, pushing myself to my feet to look closer at his face. "Are you listening to me?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm a terrible girlfriend I get it. Did you see his eyelids flutter just now?" I asked, watching him throw his hands up in defeat and shake his head. I looked back over at Jungkook, crossing my arms. "I swear they flickered just now..."

Yoongi appeared on the other side of Jungkook, also looking at his face. At that moment, I saw his eyelids flutter once again and I looked up at Yoongi. "You definitely saw it that time, right?"

"Yeah but—"

"Go get a doctor. That's never happened before he might be waking up," I slid my hand into Jungkook's, sitting down in the chair by his bed as Yoongi sighed again. He did as I asked though and left the room to find a doctor. "Jungkook? If you can hear me squeeze my hand."